Jump to content

Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

There was a short time long ago in a galaxy far, far away I found Cramer somewhat amusing. While it may have been a slip, in normal times in that galaxy far far away this would have grounds for immediate dismissal

 

The reverence he has for the office is so great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

There was a short time long ago in a galaxy far, far away I found Cramer somewhat amusing. While it may have been a slip, in normal times in that galaxy far far away this would have grounds for immediate dismissal

 

Hard to say how anything plays in this world, but I think I would have just hung up on him without another word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I wanted to listen to In the Airplane over the Sea today.  And as it turns out Anne Frank is trending on twitter.

Then this

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question about the Israeli/UAE deal for people that follow these things more closely.  I thought the idea was to make a deal between Israel and Palestine?  Why did they pull UAE into it instead?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I have a question about the Israeli/UAE deal for people that follow these things more closely.  I thought the idea was to make a deal between Israel and Palestine?  Why did they pull UAE into it instead?  

UAE is one of those corrupt gulf states that is at the moment a haven for Russian money.  Putin wants Trump to have a deal to celebrate between Arabs and Joos.  Plenty of Russian money in Israel too at the moment.  This all works for Vladdie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

 Putin wants Trump to have a deal to celebrate between Arabs and Joos.  

In my simple world, I guessed that he promised to make a deal between Israel and Palestine.  Then when he couldn't do that, he made a phony money deal with the UAE to make it look like he did something historic.  Is this close?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

For some reason I wanted to listen to In the Airplane over the Sea today.  And as it turns out Anne Frank is trending on twitter.

Then this

 

How incredibly sad. I’d be interested to know if that study has a breakdown by region and age..... because it seems it would have to in some cases be deliberate in its exclusion from education.  

Ugh. Reading things like this is painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

In my simple world, I guessed that he promised to make a deal between Israel and Palestine.  Then when he couldn't do that, he made a phony money deal with the UAE to make it look like he did something historic.  Is this close?  

Yeah, its eyewash.   Probably involves settling the loan on 666 5th Avenue for Jared Kushner.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

How incredibly sad. I’d be interested to know if that study has a breakdown by region and age..... because it seems it would have to in some cases be deliberate in its exclusion from education.  

Ugh. Reading things like this is painful.

I coincidentally happened to watch a youtube video just yesterday about the liberation of Dachau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Melody said:

Saw these bills at that store. I may get some and see if I can't spent them at some of these pro Trump businesses. 

photo_2020-06-26_18-56-55_e460298a-c207-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out the Biden/Harris store too.  Lots of face masks and you can buy a bottle of hand sanitizer with his Covid plan printed on the label.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Melody said:

Just checked the catalog. Everything is marked down, looks like a going out of business sale

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Just checked the catalog. Everything is marked down, looks like a going out of business sale

I guess an opportunity for those who collect political paraphernalia .    I used to, mostly buttons but other funny items for both parties.  But decided some years ago to clear out a lot of dustables so gifted them to various people who had an interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a mess of stuff from the 1996 Democratic Convention in a box that stayed in storage forever. It all got tossed when we did the most recent move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 9:51 AM, ROMAD1 said:

For some reason I wanted to listen to In the Airplane over the Sea today.  And as it turns out Anne Frank is trending on twitter.

Then this

 

I am not a statistician, but 1350 people does not seem like a big enough of a sample size for the survey to say things like:

Quote

Almost half of US Adults (45%) and Millennials (49%) cannot name one of the over 40,000 concentration camps and ghettos in Europe during the Holocaust.

 http://www.claimscon.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Holocaust-Knowledge-Awareness-Study_Executive-Summary-2018.pdf

 

Is around 1400 people a good enough sample size in a nation of more than 350 million to really base anything on?  Plus it would be nice to know where in the US the survey took place.  How many cities, which cities etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We talked about Anne Frank when I was home educating, did the virtual tour of her house that was online at the time.  (Might still be.). But I didn't require my daughter to read the entire diary.   I personally found that there were better books to give a sense of the times.   For example, Night by Eli Weisel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...