Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I guess the question I have now is:

When is Donald Trump going to say something about Jacob Blake? Or Kyle Rittenhouse?

Oh god.  This is all bad. For all those that said how much damage could trump do in 4 years. Now we know.  Total.  

18 minutes ago, Melody said:

Dude isn't dead. 

I don't know what happened, I'm just saying that y'all don't know either.  

Even the worst details you string together don't justify 7 shots to the back by multiple officers.

18 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

When is Donald Trump going to say something about Jacob Blake? Or Kyle Rittenhouse?

The reason I ask this is not that I feel his voice would add much (it won't), it's just that all of these questions falling squarely on his opponent reveals, in a way, how little is expected from him in times like these.

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

My guess is Trump is saving it for the convention, where it will be throughly and predictibly ripped regardless of content.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Probably to highlight what we should expect in Joe Biden's America

Right wing death squads?

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

... anything other than a cold blooded execution even though...

It was a cold-blooded execution attempt.

By officers of the law.

Just now, Euphdude said:

My guess is Trump is saving it for the convention, where it will be throughly and predictibly ripped regardless of content.

I've listened for the past two days to people saying that Trump's opponent (who currently has *zero* statutory authority) needed to come out and make a statement on something that is happening in Kenosha, Wisconsin. During that same period, I do not recall those same questions being asked of the President. 

Whether you wish to see it or not, the standards are just much much lower. That's the reality.

35 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Oh Lord.  He will undoubtedly say something offensive.  Is Rittenhouse the young punk with the long gun?  Now that there was clearly in the wrong.

2 hours ago, Melody said:

... if the guy is proven to be shady.  

That is completely irrelevant.

The degree to which a person is shady does not justify shooting an unarmed guy walking away from you seven times in the back.

I mean seriously, WTF?

Meanwhile.... Beaumont and Lake Charles are in a lot of trouble

1 hour ago, Melody said:

... it infers that this was not a justified shooting...

It ABSOLUTELY was NOT a justified shooting.

Do you think everyone here is just STUPID?

Just now, 84 Lives!!! said:

That is completely irrelevant.

The degree to which a person is shady does not justify shooting an unarmed guy walking away from you seven times in the back.

I mean seriously, WTF?

Perhaps I worded it wrong.   I was speaking to his behavior immediately preceding and during the incident.    Was he unarmed?  You know that for certain?  The police were telling him to, "drop the knife."  

It seems like the argument is since he was shot in the back, he was no threat to the cops, therefore it is not justifiable. I would like to believe if he was a threat to someone else that it would be justifiable like if he is going towards children with a knife. 

7 shots to the back for a dude with a knife

Another basketball game won’t be played due to protest.  That might be a wrap on the NBA season. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

It seems like the argument is since he was shot in the back, he was no threat to the cops, therefore it is not justifiable. I would like to believe if he was a threat to someone else that it would be justifiable like if he is going towards children with a knife. 

That is all I'm saying.  And the operative word is, "if."  Which is why we reserve judgement before the facts are all known.  

8 minutes ago, Melody said:

Oh Lord.  He will undoubtedly say something offensive.  Is Rittenhouse the young punk with the long gun?  Now that there was clearly in the wrong.

For sure, just trying to drive home a point.

Rittenhouse is the young punk.... crossed over from Illinois to Wisconsin to participate last night.

3 minutes ago, Melody said:

That is all I'm saying.  And the operative word is, "if."  Which is why we reserve judgement before the facts are all known.  

Multiple cops have other ways to incapacitate a man w/ a knife short of 7 shots to the back tho.  7 shots to the back was not required to protect themselves or others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Rittenhouse is the young punk.... crossed over from Illinois to Wisconsin to participate last night.

And evidently was allowed to head back home after the shootings even though witnesses were shouting at police that he was the shooter.

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Meanwhile.... Beaumont and Lake Charles are in a lot of trouble

No kidding!    Very dangerous situation down there.

Main event hasn't even started, and I'm hearing from friends in Houston area that they are already getting rain and have lost power.  And they aren't even expected to get a direct hit.

37 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

And evidently was allowed to head back home after the shootings even though witnesses were shouting at police that he was the shooter.

White Privilege.

• Thanks 1

Imagine being the kind of person who is more upset that a basketball game is cancelled than the police routinely committing extrajudicial executions in the streets  
37FFBE80-4CAD-4D7F-82AD-87B48F08A5CE.thumb.png.f936f96d665ed535136d86f3a5cbc2a0.png

• Thanks 1