Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

wow there's a blast from the past.... i got roped into going to one meeting..... not for me.

I'm just not the kind of guy to sit around a bunch of other men and talk about marriages and sex and all that in an above board way.... it was creepy.  Now put me at a bar with a hockey game on and we can half discuss it... that's different.  That's just all bull**** venting.  We all married the same woman anyway, right?

54 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I think there are only two possibilities with guy like Falwell: He'll have another scam going inside 18 months or else be dead of a cocaine coronary - maybe both.

I don’t think he was ever the preacher his dad was. Thomas Road and Sr were big long before the Moral Majority, with weekly broadcasts of the services on a regional level. 

He doesn’t have the personality as a contributor on Murdock News, I think his business skills may be limited. His best bet is to find himself an Island somewhere and disappear 

I don't know the history very well but in an article I read on Liberty his other son took up the preaching side while Jr took up the money side.

He'll find a home on Fox.

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

wow there's a blast from the past.... i got roped into going to one meeting..... not for me.

My husband never had any interest in that group either.    But I don't know that much about it beyond that lots of men paid big bucks to attend events in stadiums.  My uncle was way into that.  

3 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think there are only two possibilities with guy like Falwell: He'll have another scam going inside 18 months or else be dead of a cocaine coronary - maybe both.

I recently learned that Jim Bakker started up another television ministry after he got out of jail.  I guess there is a sucker born every minute.  

The culture/race war that the president has been looking for is finally coming to fruition. 

Seems rather convenient that this shooting and the inevitable follow-up protests met with police force all happened just as the American Dystopia-themed Republican convention was starting up.

30 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Seems rather convenient that this shooting and the inevitable follow-up protests met with police force all happened just as the American Dystopia-themed Republican convention was starting up.

What are you suggesting here?

It does seem troublesome that Trump spends a great deal of time preaching fear and strong discipline while the results of Trump’s actions fall at the feet of Biden

17 minutes ago, Shelton said:

What are you suggesting here?

The timing lines up rather conveniently for their messaging of a leftist American dystopia.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

They wouldn't have died had they not protested.

Technically true.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The timing lines up rather conveniently for their messaging of a leftist American dystopia.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Let’s not let politics divide us.  Remember, there are good people that protest and there are good people that murder them with long guns.

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Let’s not let politics divide us.  Remember, there are good people that protest and there are good people that murder them with long guns.

Only a couple days left to get the Kenosha cops and Long Gun Guy on for convention segments. Gotta move fast.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yeah, that was the point.

Yeah.

It is too bad that the Kenosha PD doesn't wear body cameras.  Sometimes that video, which shows the entire encounter and not a little snippet, clears the police.  Sometimes it condemns them.  But at least you know.   I heard there is audio and the police were shouting repeatedly, "drop the knife!"  Twice in the past year in my community the department has quickly released body camera video and quashed rumors that were not factual and that was what settled the crowds down.  In these times it is just stupidity to send officers out without body cameras.

Rioting, vandalism, and looting is not protesting.  And walking down the middle of the street shooting people with a rifle is not helping establish law and order.  People have lost their ever-loving minds.