Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

6 hours ago, The Ronz said:

Odd move. That pretty much wrapped up the election for Trump. He was going to win anyway but this cinches it. That announcement couldn't have waited until after the election?

:alien:

AWESOME JOKE!!!

HILARIOUS!!!

I've been LMFAO the past 20 minutes and finally decided to give credit where credit is due!

11 hours ago, Euphdude said:

LaPierre is a a slimy dude and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been guzzling NRA funds for his own personal benefit.

Seeking to dissolve the NRA is gonna rile up the 2A folks, which won't do Ds any favors.

Dissolving the NRA does Dems many favors.   Republicans and independents too.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/3297123001?__twitter_impression=true

meanwhile, in a room in Lansing, governor whitmer opens her phone...

"The New York AG is doing what?  suing the NRA?  That *****!  i've got to come up an equally symbolic move that will make liberals feel good about me, make the nytimes call me a progressive leader, while at the same time have no real effect on people!  what shall i do?"

• Confused 2

Well, Whitmer made that declaration before the New York AG announced the NRA lawsuit. Otherwise, good story. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I bet his dad is looking up shaking his head

I've known a big bunch of PKs in my life, and with a few exceptions, most of them were pretty wild.

33 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I bet his dad is looking up shaking his head

I see what you did there.

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Well, Whitmer made that declaration before the New York AG announced the NRA lawsuit. Otherwise, good story. 

State does not appear to have gained any ground in the last couple of weeks. Cases rate is relatively stable but still too high to trace effectively

Zuck might as well speak at their convention 

2 hours ago, Melody said:

I've known a big bunch of PKs in my life, and with a few exceptions, most of them were pretty wild.

Yeah me too.  Especially the girls. Footloose was no joke.  A few straightened up since then but I remember... 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

lol

50 minutes ago, Buddha said:

peaceful protests,unless you live there.

Pretty reductive take... I live near places that had protests, and they were peaceful.

We can recognize that anarchy and looting is bad while also recognizing that protesting can actually exist and peaceful at the same time

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Pretty reductive take... I live near places that had protests, and they were peaceful.

We can recognize that anarchy and looting is bad while also recognizing that protesting can actually exist and peaceful at the same time

some of us can.

and i didnt know you lived in seattle.

16 minutes ago, Buddha said:

some of us can.

and i didnt know you lived in seattle.

You said:

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

peaceful protests,unless you live there.

The protests that happened in our (is. Not Seattle) community were largely peaceful, but I've seen people address this subject in a way that all "peaceful protests" are basically reduced to all being like the anarchy in Seattle or Portland or Chicago despite the fact that might not be the case in other cities. 

Perhaps I'm not interpreting your comment correctly, it just sounds a lot like these arguments. Either way, we should be able to recognize the difference between a peaceful protest and something that isn't.

10 hours ago, mtutiger said:

You said:

The protests that happened in our (is. Not Seattle) community were largely peaceful, but I've seen people address this subject in a way that all "peaceful protests" are basically reduced to all being like the anarchy in Seattle or Portland or Chicago despite the fact that might not be the case in other cities. 

Perhaps I'm not interpreting your comment correctly, it just sounds a lot like these arguments. Either way, we should be able to recognize the difference between a peaceful protest and something that isn't.

we "should" be able to recognize that.  but we often dont.  there are consequences to lawlessness and "defund the police" movements.

its nice of the times to do a good article on what happens when the police leave.  surprisingly, not everyone sits around and sings kumbayah.

and i am not saying you said that they did.

i think the current movements in major cities against the police are in danger of going too far away from reform and may cause a lot of harm in the long run.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, Motown Bombers said:

Sounds like they need to move their business out of Seattle and into the suburbs. Let them whine about white flight even though they aren't white. 

https://cwbchicago.com/2020/08/watch-twitter-videos-document-overnight-looting-and-riots-in-chicago.html

look at all those protestors just trying to feed their families by....squints....stealing teslas and televisions.

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

https://cwbchicago.com/2020/08/watch-twitter-videos-document-overnight-looting-and-riots-in-chicago.html

look at all those protestors just trying to feed their families by....squints....stealing teslas and televisions.

My Grandparents owned a business in Detroit. By the late 80's they were constantly being robbed, burglarized and vandalized to the point they were losing money. They moved the business to Clinton Township and it was the best decision they ever made. Just leave Chicago for the suburbs. These are businesses not charities. Just deal with the whining about white flight.