Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

Witch’s Hat is a great brewery in South Lyon. Reading the comments of the triggered is pretty entertaining. 

109E0AA4-FEE0-409A-9F10-89BBC422DAD8.png

55 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Witch’s Hat is a great brewery in South Lyon. Reading the comments of the triggered is pretty entertaining. 

109E0AA4-FEE0-409A-9F10-89BBC422DAD8.png

I love how people like Whitmer and Obama can roll with the punches and Trump will go out and whine about why nobody likes him.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I love how people like Whitmer and Obama can roll with the punches and Trump will go out and whine about why nobody likes him.

Not so hard really, but it does help not to have a pathological personality disorder.

• Like 1

Leaked police bodycam video of George Floyd's arrest, final moments published for first time

In the footage, which was also reviewed by The Associated Press, Lane approaches Floyd and tries to get him out of his vehicle while pointing a gun at him. Floyd pleads with the officer, saying "Please don’t shoot me, Mr. Officer."

Officers take his name and date of birth and tell him they're stopping him because he allegedly used a counterfeit bill. They lead him toward a squad car and Floyd drops to the ground, begging not to be put inside.

Officers handcuff Floyd and tell him to stop resisting. At one point, Lane says he thinks Floyd was “on something."

"Why's he getting all squirrelly and not showing us his hands. and just being all weird like that?" he asks Floyd's girlfriend, Shawanda Hill.

"I have no clue," she responds, "because been shot before. ... He have problems all the time when they come, especially when that man put that gun like that."

Floyd repeatedly tells officers he is claustrophobic and has anxiety as he resists being put in the car.

"I am claustrophobic, for real," Floyd says. "I'm going to die in here. I'm going to die, man."

Officers pull him into the car as he tells them he can't breathe. Floyd is then forced to the pavement where he can be heard calling out for his mother and repeatedly insisting he can't breathe. 

"Relax," one of the officers responds. "You're talking fine."

2 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

heh, I thought I recognized that bridge. I'm not as familiar with Caesar. I've always heard more about the late, great Rojo.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Great news 

We have had that in Texas for quite a while.  It is right and just that one be fully restored after they have paid their debt in full to society.

I bet this is going to get more coverage on mainstream media than Biden's "are you a junkie" comment and that's totally not fair. 

Yup ... the 2020 Census is a s***show.

Why Trump's census tampering is so worrying

·        The 2020 census — a constitutionally required tally of the US population that will play a major role in determining how political power is distributed for the next decade — will now conclude a full month early, the Census Bureau announced Monday. [NPR / Hansi Lo Wang]

·        As things stand, tens of millions of people from some of the US’s most vulnerable populations have yet to be counted. Monday’s news has many advocates worried that some never will be as the Census Bureau rushes to complete its tally. [NYT / Michael Wines]

·        An inaccurate count could skew the decennial reapportionment of House seats, as well as the allocation of trillions of dollars in federal funding over the next 10 years. [CNN / Paul LeBlanc and Gregory Wallace]

·        And that’s exactly what Trump is hoping for, by all appearances. In July, he ordered the bureau to exclude undocumented immigrants from the count when redrawing congressional districts, though scholars warn that’s almost certainly unconstitutional. [Vox / Ian Millhiser]

·        Still, the bureau appears to be going along with it. Finishing the count early means census data could go to Trump as early as December, rather than to whoever holds office next spring, and the bureau’s director said Monday that it intends to fulfill Trump’s request. [Politico / Steven Shepard]

28 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Politically frought to enter the gun debate, but LaPierre has basically lived a "Righteous Gemstones" kinda lifestyle off the back of it's membership.

14 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Politically frought to enter the gun debate, but LaPierre has basically lived a "Righteous Gemstones" kinda lifestyle off the back of it's membership.

LaPierre is a a slimy dude and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been guzzling NRA funds for his own personal benefit.

Seeking to dissolve the NRA is gonna rile up the 2A folks, which won't do Ds any favors.

2 hours ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Odd move. That pretty much wrapped up the election for Trump. He was going to win anyway but this cinches it. That announcement couldn't have waited until after the election?

:alien: