Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

There were ten faithless electors last time around. Even if the guy who won is a monster, that is a dangerous slippery slope.

this one is just amusing because it was so stupid, and obviously any issue that *this* SCOTUS goes 9-0 on is almost by definitions so obvious that it was a waste of everyone's time for it to have gotten there. 

57 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Nothing on the two Trump's taxes cases.

But they did give us a faithless electors ruling, so now people can distract themselves from Trump's taxes by arguing about the existence of the Electoral College.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

But they did give us a faithless electors ruling, so now people can distract themselves from Trump's taxes by arguing about the existence of the Electoral College.

it exists.  argument over.

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

something about debt collector exemption from Robocall prohibitions being invalidated (Yay!)

and states can enforce who their electors vote for. No more quadrennial conspiracy theories about the electoral college going rogue.  😂

the debt collector prohibition still stands.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

the debt collector prohibition still stands.

"Still stands"? I thought the issue was that the court invalidated an existing congressional carve out for debt collectors, so wouldn't that make the prohibition new? Or "still stands" as in the carve out had already lost at Appeal?

23 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

"Still stands"? I thought the issue was that the court invalidated an existing congressional carve out for debt collectors, so wouldn't that make the prohibition new? Or "still stands" as in the carve out had already lost at Appeal?

the carve out that allows the prohibition of robo calls from debt collectors still stands.  they got rid of the carve out to that law that allows debt collectors of government debt to robo call you.

thats how i read it.  could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

it exists.  argument over.

lol 

49 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the carve out that allows the prohibition of robo calls from debt collectors still stands.  they got rid of the carve out to that law that allows debt collectors of government debt to robo call you.

thats how i read it.  could be wrong though.

Yes - agreed.  Looking back at it the way I wrote the initial post was a multiple negative. 

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The ratings are down if he says they are down any other information is fake news.   don't you get that now?   #alternativefacts

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Paul Ryan still has friends.

You mean the Ayn Rand who took Social Security and Medicare?  That Ayn Rand?  

59 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

The President directed that loan personally to Kanye and told him to run for President.

See... Trump is not so corrup... errr, dumb.... after all.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

your finest work.  :)

kanye's next record best be 🔥🔥🔥

Some may remember this dudes material getting posted here a lot.   His Twitter just got suspended.

I don't remember posts about Stefan Molyneux, but he sounds like a Ballmich post.  

no trump tax return decision today.

tomorrow will be the last day for supreme court decisions this term, so that decision comes down tomorrow.

today we got two religious exemption decisions as the court further defines its views on religious organization's abilities to use the first amendment to object to the application of certain laws applying to them.

both decisions being 7-2 with ginsburg and sotomayor objecting as usual.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

no trump tax return decision today.

I've got a bad feeling about this.