Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

The few Republicans left here................You agree that there is such a thing as "Consensual Rape".   Is that okay with you?  A Republican State Senator from Missouri doesn't think that's really rape because the rapist didn't jump out of the bushes.   And this ******* pig is an ex cop.........no wonder women are reluctant to report it.       Just disgusting.   

I'm thinking states like California and New York should outright ban all guns completely and start confiscating. We are now at a threshold where we deliberately pass unconstitutional laws to bait lawsuits to get in front of the supreme court so why not?

• Like 1

Does it take a brain surgeon to operate an eight thousand dollar dish washer?

1 hour ago, CMRivdog said:

LOL. I don't know why these guys find it so impossible to follow the rules, it's not like they don't like making rules for everyone else.

8K must be quite the dishwasher, though if the 'office kitchen' is actually a commercial kitchen that serves to the pubic in the building then 8K is not bad. I don't know why but commercial dishwashers are stupid expensive. 

16 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm thinking states like California and New York should outright ban all guns completely and start confiscating. We are now at a threshold where we deliberately pass unconstitutional laws to bait lawsuits to get in front of the supreme court so why not?

It wouldn’t work because Dems don’t have a party controlled Supreme Court like the GOP has. 

4 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

I am sure Jesus would have shown him how to use it. 

I know this clip is lacking some context... but I really do not believe that the words "consensual" and "rape" belong anywhere near each other.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I know this clip is lacking some context... but I really do not believe that the words "consensual" and "rape" belong anywhere near each other.

any woman in MO who votes for this guy either needs to have her head examined or get herself to a shelter for abused handmaidens  suffering Stockholm syndrome. 

Seriously, one of the things that really does mystify about America since women's suffrage is how anybody like this gets elected in a voting population of 50% women. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

any woman in MO who votes for this guy either needs to have her head examined or get herself to a shelter for abused handmaidens  suffering Stockholm syndrome. 

Seriously, one of the things that really does mystify about America since women's suffrage is how anybody like this gets elected in a voting population of 50% women. 

The thing is that the most outspoken and activist opponents of abortion that I know personally are women.   Given the choice between an idiot who is pro life and any candidate who is pro choice, they will choose the pro life candidate every single time.  

2 hours ago, Melody said:

The thing is that the most outspoken and activist opponents of abortion that I know personally are women.   Given the choice between an idiot who is pro life and any candidate who is pro choice, they will choose the pro life candidate every single time.  

I don't get it. Even if a woman personally believes it is the wrong choice, it still seems to me that a woman should want the decision to do the right thing to be her's and not the patriarchy's.

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

What ******* context does it need?   This horse's *** used to be cop.   Do you wonder why women don't report sexual assaults and rapes.  

We simply need more women in office.   It needs to reflect the real population of this country.  Only then will our governments get it right.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't get it. Even if a woman personally believes it is the wrong choice, it still seems to me that a woman should want the decision to do the right thing to be her's and not the patriarchy's.

Do you think these women consider it to be, “the patriarchy,” when this type of law was the precise reason they voted for that particular candidate?   That was my point.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What ******* context does it need?   This horse's *** used to be cop.   Do you wonder why women don't report sexual assaults and rapes.  

We simply need more women in office.   It needs to reflect the real population of this country.  Only then will our governments get it right.  

Dude.  You don’t know some of the women we have in our state government.  OMG, some of them make Trump look progressive.

Edit:  Nevertheless, some statistics for you to consider.  Gender-wise, women and men are not that dissimilar in opinion on abortion.     It is not true that this is a male vs female issue.  https://news.gallup.com/poll/235646/men-women-generally-hold-similar-abortion-attitudes.aspx

What does an $8,000 dish washer do?  Does it put the dishes on shelves after they are cleaned?  

On 5/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, screwball said:

And highly educated.

Yes, highly educated multi-millionaires.  

45 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

What does an $8,000 dish washer do?  Does it put the dishes on shelves after they are cleaned?  

I can tell you what an $18,000 dishwasher can do.  😀

Seriously though, $8K for a residential dishwasher is pretty crazy.  Even something extremely high end like a Gaggenau is only going to be about $5K.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I can tell you what an $18,000 dishwasher can do.  😀

Seriously though, $8K for a residential dishwasher is pretty crazy.  Even something extremely high end like a Gaggenau is only going to be about $5K.

Yeah, I can see where a restaurant would have a need for very large dish washer.  

1 hour ago, Melody said:

Dude.  You don’t know some of the women we have in our state government.  OMG, some of them make Trump look progressive.

Edit:  Nevertheless, some statistics for you to consider.  Gender-wise, women and men are not that dissimilar in opinion on abortion.     It is not true that this is a male vs female issue.  https://news.gallup.com/poll/235646/men-women-generally-hold-similar-abortion-attitudes.aspx

I have seen several women completely condone this entire abortion fiasco. I've also seen several women just today say that Gretchen Whitmer is a liar about being raped and is saying that she was for votes. The fact that these people potentially make decisions in the government is pretty terrifying. 

37 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

What does an $8,000 dish washer do?

Yeah, I can see where a restaurant would have a need for very large dish washer.  

The commercial I helped purchase once was a completely different design from anything used in a home. Racks go in one side and out the other at counter level so the work flow is one way. The clean dishes never go back to where dirty ones are waiting. they get NSF cert, etc., Regulated water temp - all SS internals etc.

If they were going to replace that much china it sounds like a bigger operation than just a breakroom that might use an undercounter domestic unit,  but then again it is the Trump admin we are talking about.

2 hours ago, Melody said:

Except for one thing:

There has been and continues to be a significant gender gap on this measure among college graduates, with female graduates more likely than male graduates to favor abortion being legal in all circumstances. This pattern has been constant over the past decades, despite modest fluctuations in the overall percentages favoring legalized abortion. Most recently, over the past four years, 42% of female college graduates have chosen the "legal in all" alternative, versus 32% of male college graduates.

That's a pretty big difference.  It's an important one since college graduates are more likely to vote than others.  

5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Except for one thing:

That's a pretty big difference.  It's an important one since college graduates are more likely to vote than others.  

I agree with you on this. In my generation I have seen a large difference in the outrage between females and males. Lots of men trying to condone the bans are being eaten alive on social media right now.  It's the older generations that I see the women being more okay with it. 

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the commercial I helped purchase once was a completely different design. Racks go in one side and out the other at counter level so the work flow is one way. The clean dishes never go back to where dirty ones are waiting. they get NSF cert, etc.,

Yep.  They are conveyor washers.  We load the rack over the sink so you can rinse them down to remove any large food items into the sink.  Slide it in and it comes out the other side.  One location can let 3 racks slide off before backing up, the other two can do 5 racks.  

We also use high temp washers since we aren't real big fans of using chemical sanitizers in the process.

This isn't ours but works pretty much the same way.

19 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

I have seen several women completely condone this entire abortion fiasco. I've also seen several women just today say that Gretchen Whitmer is a liar about being raped and is saying that she was for votes. The fact that these people potentially make decisions in the government is pretty terrifying. 

I have too.   So my point stands.  It isn't about "the patriarchy."  Women are not a homogeneous group on this issue.  

3 minutes ago, Melody said:

I have too.   So my point stands.  It isn't about "the patriarchy."  Women are not a homogeneous group on this issue.  

I do see the tides turning with the generations though. I am seeing way more outrage from "millennial" aged women on this issue. It could just be who I choose to spend time with though. 

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The governor of Alabama who signed this abortion bill into law is a woman.