Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

22 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I didn’t mean to call you out specifically if it came off that way. Sorry. 

I was intending to call out the person who did the tweet. 

no it's cool.  I usually check on things like that when it's not a person I follow... 

This is frustrating because here's a way to still use that very case to make a valid point but not to blatantly mistake the facts.  It contained some irregularities to highlight.

It sure seems like there is a lot of shadiness of different types in college and even high school sports departments.  

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

no it's cool.  I usually check on things like that when it's not a person I follow... 

This is frustrating because here's a way to still use that very case to make a valid point but not to blatantly mistake the facts.  It contained some irregularities to highlight.

Not surprisingly, the guy who tweeted followed that up with another misleading tweet about a woman named Kelly Williams-bolar. Dude said she was sentenced to 3 years in prison. According to what I found googling, she was sentenced to 10 days and spent 9 days in jail for fraudulently claiming an address within a school district. When confronted with it, she falsified court documents. 

I do sympathize with people that want a better education or school system for their kids that what they qualify for based on residence. Ann Arbor schools take kids from outside of the district, but that is limited and requires an application. 

But there is only so much space and so much money to staff the schools. 

Regardless, if you defrauding the government you are breaking the law, and you can’t just ignore it. I think in most cases when you are caught doing this type of thing, the result is that you have to take the kids of school. If you follow up getting caught by breaking the law again, it’s hard to ignore that. 

39 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Don't know how legit this is. 

Who's the next victim?    They really need to find a conservative who hasn't said bigoted things in their past.............oh wait, they need a unicorn, don't they?  

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What if they gave that spot to Shepard Smith?   He doesn't always go the Fox News direction,  viewers' heads would explode.  

I get the feeling his spot on Fox is when Trump is actually doing President stuff on purpose.

22 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I get the feeling his spot on Fox is when Trump is actually doing President stuff on purpose.

I’m not sure why Fox keeps Shep. He’s ripped on by the typical Fox viewer, and he’s just out of place in general with his mannerisms and commentary. There’s a reason why Fox puts Shep on mid-afternoons, which is among the lowest rated time slot in cable propaganda. 

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

I’m not sure why Fox keeps Shep. He’s ripped on by the typical Fox viewer, and he’s just out of place in general with his mannerisms and commentary. There’s a reason why Fox puts Shep on mid-afternoons, which is among the lowest rated time slot in cable propaganda. 

I'm happy they keep him.  It's the one bit of sanity my parents get to hear from 'their side'.  Not sure how much it helps, but it's a lifeline at least.

12 hours ago, Euphdude said:

The powerful right wing media is to the right what the liberal media bias is to the left.  Probably some truth, but not to the extent the other side things.

I see AOC as someone who is a media natural, sort of like Trump.  She knows what to say to stay in the limelight and she knows how to use current media to keep people coming back for more.  

So you think she's deliberately doing that to get attention?

I think they're just cherry picking what she says for dramatic effect to paint a left leaning democrat as the entire "democrat party" as they like to say.

Who on the right is her counterpart for this "whataboutism"?  Besides Trump who is the President so naturally people highlight what he says.

49 minutes ago, Oblong said:

So you think she's deliberately doing that to get attention?

I think they're just cherry picking what she says for dramatic effect to paint a left leaning democrat as the entire "democrat party" as they like to say.

Who on the right is her counterpart for this "whataboutism"?  Besides Trump who is the President so naturally people highlight what he says.

This

As far as a counterpart, Trump. But he is also the leader of the GOP and pretty much runs the party at this point.

And Trump objectively says many more things that are controversial, if not objectively false, than her.

As in at least an order of magnitude more.

The only real comparison is both are focused on by cable news.

• Thanks 1

#PerpetualVictimhood with a bonus George Soros name drop.

Tucker Carlson, under fire, tries to turn the conversation back on his accuser, Media Matters

Fox News and Tucker Carlson don’t want to talk about what Tucker Carlson said. They want to talk about his accuser, the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters for America.

On the air and off, Carlson and Fox News have defended Carlson’s ugly comments on a syndicated radio program a decade or so ago by turning the spotlight back on Media Matters, which released transcripts and audio recordings of Carlson earlier this week.

On his prime-time program on Tuesday, for example, Carlson continued to portray himself and Fox News as the targets of a liberal “outrage machine” whose goal is to shut down the cable network and “dissenting opinions.” He offered no apologies or explanations, nor did he bother to mention why Media Matters had called him out in the first place.

“Media Matters is a George Soros-funded lobbying organization whose sole mission is to punish critics of the Democratic Party,” Carlson said, referring to the liberal billionaire philanthropist and political activist. He went on to accuse the Washington-based organization of violating the terms of its nonprofit status by campaigning on behalf of Democratic candidates, including Hillary Clinton.

“This isn’t just unethical, it’s illegal,” Carlson said, urging viewers to call the Internal Revenue Service and complain. (Media Matters denied any violation of its tax-exempt status and pointed out that Soros has not contributed to the organization in five years.)

12 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

hahaha

I like the use of percussion to simulate gun fire in gangsta Minneapolis.

The lack of self-awareness from Wohl and Loomer is comical.  The video is a total parody of everything they pander to individuals who have fallen for their act.

I had to google Wohl.  I had never heard of him.  

Birch Bayh passes away at 91.  He was the author of the 25th and 26th amendment.

He upset Homer Capehart in 1962.  He was put on a subcommitee for constitutional amendments.  When LBJ assumed the presidency, at the time you didn't replace Vice Presidents.  LBJ had heart problems and the next two in line were very old.  Bayh authored and sponsored the 25th amendment outlining the process to, among other things, replace a Vice President.

Without the 25th Watergate and history could have played out very different.  One of the reasons the prosecutors against Agnew worked so hard to get a plea with Agnew was so that Agnew could be replaced because they knew there was a chance Nixon could go. They didn't want a crisis.  If Agnew couldn't be replaced because there was no 25th who knows what the prosecutors would have done.... and NIxon's situation could have gone down in a different way without the "comfort" of Ford being there.

• Like 2

I'm confused, in the first video she says the lights are on but in the second video he says the house is empty? Also, has there really been a question that she married a biological sibling? I can't keep up with the conspiracies. 

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm confused, in the first video she says the lights are on but in the second video he says the house is empty? Also, has there really been a question that she married a biological sibling? I can't keep up with the conspiracies. 

It’s easy money - it generates a good amount of revenue.  I’d become a right wing conspiracy theorist if I needed some easy cash. 

I made Stir Fry today,  with a bag of Asian Vegetables from ALDI.   Is that "Cultural Appropriation"?     What if I use chopsticks?   

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Appropriate decision.   Our law is the same here.  Though I can't imagine parents who WANT their unvaccinated kids in a classroom during an outbreak.   Whether the exemption was philosophical or medical.   Does anyone know whether not being present in class during this time might keep them from advancing to the next grade?  Seems like there should be some sort of home study available.   Now the parents relying on the public school system to be their free babysitters ... your problem, people.