Jump to content

Gehringer_2

Political Pot-pourri

Recommended Posts

so, since Hodge-Podge has disappeared under such mysterious circumstances that the Mods can offer no other advice than to start a new one - here it is. However, In the interests of alliteration and not to be accused of plagiarizing the inestimable Auberndale Ray, I have named it Pot-pourri. 

So to start:

a pretty bad month for Fox news and Roger Ailes continuing dreams of putting Repubs in the WH.

First their "Man from the CIA" Wayne Simmons pleads guilty to being a fraud.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/29/media/wayne-shelby-simmons-fox-news-cia/

Then lackluster ratings for their convention coverage:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rnc-2016-ratings-fox-news-flat-big-jump-for-cnn-msnbc-1201819792/

and of course,  Roger Ailes is toppled - and was there really any doubt watching the way they have stage managed the feminine presence (can you say eye-candy?)  in their production that Fox has been an organization infused with sexism from the get go?

And now they have a candidate that some of their leading commentariat (Kristol, Krauthammer) oppose. With Ailes' messaging discipline having exited the scene, this is going to be uncharted media territory for a GOP national campaign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see if Hannity, OReily and Sustern follow thru with their threats to leave. Could be an opportunity to remake the brand and improve the demos to something appealing to those under 70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so, since Hodge-Podge has disappeared under such mysterious circumstances that the Mods can offer no other advice than to start a new one - here it is. However, In the interests of alliteration and not to be accused of plagiarizing the inestimable Auberndale Ray, I have named it Pot-pourri. 

So to start:

a pretty bad month for Fox news and Roger Ailes continuing dreams of putting Repubs in the WH.

First their "Man from the CIA" Wayne Simmons pleads guilty to being a fraud.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/29/media/wayne-shelby-simmons-fox-news-cia/

Then lackluster ratings for their convention coverage:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rnc-2016-ratings-fox-news-flat-big-jump-for-cnn-msnbc-1201819792/

and of course,  Roger Ailes is toppled - and was there really any doubt watching the way they have stage managed the feminine presence (can you say eye-candy?)  in their production that Fox has been an organization infused with sexism from the get go?

And now they have a candidate that some of their leading commentariat (Kristol, Krauthammer) oppose. With Ailes' messaging discipline having exited the scene, this is going to be uncharted media territory for a GOP national campaign.

 

Read Ailes is going to write an autobiography.  Has a deal with Harper Collins.  Why would anyone want to read it; or believe anything this slime has to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so, since Hodge-Podge has disappeared under such mysterious circumstances that the Mods can offer no other advice than to start a new one - here it is. However, In the interests of alliteration and not to be accused of plagiarizing the inestimable Auberndale Ray, I have named it Pot-pourri. 

So to start:

a pretty bad month for Fox news and Roger Ailes continuing dreams of putting Repubs in the WH.

First their "Man from the CIA" Wayne Simmons pleads guilty to being a fraud.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/29/media/wayne-shelby-simmons-fox-news-cia/

Then lackluster ratings for their convention coverage:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rnc-2016-ratings-fox-news-flat-big-jump-for-cnn-msnbc-1201819792/

and of course,  Roger Ailes is toppled - and was there really any doubt watching the way they have stage managed the feminine presence (can you say eye-candy?)  in their production that Fox has been an organization infused with sexism from the get go?

And now they have a candidate that some of their leading commentariat (Kristol, Krauthammer) oppose. With Ailes' messaging discipline having exited the scene, this is going to be uncharted media territory for a GOP national campaign.

 

So this isn't the pot thread?   

 

12cheech1024-730x497.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

So this isn't the pot thread?   

 

 

It will read like one soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CMRivdog said:

It will be interesting to see if Hannity, OReily and Sustern follow thru with their threats to leave. Could be an opportunity to remake the brand and improve the demos to something appealing to those under 70

I would really like to see a news channel for middle America.  Call it moderate if you want to, but something without an agenda to push. Covering the facts without all of the "talking heads" on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hannity and O'Reilly would flourish under another Clinton Presidency.  They owe their careers to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hannity and O'Reilly would flourish under another Clinton Presidency.  They owe their careers to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

 

As does Rush and right wing talk radio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure those guys can also count about 12 wives due to their celebrity from the Clinton presidencies.\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Hannity and O'Reilly would flourish under another Clinton Presidency.  They owe their careers to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

 

the fact than there are people who can actually watch Hannity for more than 30 seconds without vomiting is maybe the biggest bit of evidence that homosapiens is a doomed species.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the fact than there are people who can actually watch Hannity for more than 30 seconds without vomiting is maybe the biggest bit of evidence that homosapiens is a doomed species.

There's one view you may want to re-examine.    I can't stand Hannity.   Since we agree, you should be worried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having trouble figuring out who you guys were talking about.  Why not just call him Lumpy like everyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Hannity and O'Reilly would flourish under another Clinton Presidency.  They owe their careers to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

 

They may flourish with Dear Leader Trump too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the fact than there are people who can actually watch Hannity for more than 30 seconds without vomiting is maybe the biggest bit of evidence that homosapiens is a doomed species.

 

19 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

There's one view you may want to re-examine.    I can't stand Hannity.   Since we agree, you should be worried.

His style is just grating... he invites people onto his show and interrupts them before they can complete entire sentences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Walt said:

I was having trouble figuring out who you guys were talking about.  Why not just call him Lumpy like everyone else?

I'm still waiting for Lumpy to be waterboarded for charity....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtutiger said:

I'm still waiting for Lumpy to be waterboarded for charity....

<gets out wallet, throws at monitor>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these guys don't pull their heads out of the sand soon, they are going to lose their elected positions.

Quote

 

Stephan Mayer, a lawmaker in Merkel’s Christian Democratic-led bloc, urged calm and warned against hasty judgments, particularly over the chancellor’s refugee policy, which triggered public anxiety after more than a million migrants made their way to Germany in 2015.

"There is a rising nervousness among our public,” Mayer, who sits on parliament’s internal affairs committee, told BBC Radio on Monday. “You have to differentiate -- the events of Friday have nothing to do with our refugee policy. It is completely wrong to blame Angela Merkel and her refugee policy for this incident."

 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-07-25/germany-put-on-edge-after-unprecedented-string-of-four-attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

 

His style is just grating... he invites people onto his show and interrupts them before they can complete entire sentences.

This has been Fox News' style for years amongst the majority of its hosts, and likely promoted and encouraged if not mandated by Ailes  The "fair" side (i.e., conservative) gets to speak freely, while the "balanced" side (i.e., liberal) is lucky to get two words in before being spoken over or shouted down by the host or the fair-sided guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they need a warrant if it was a public place and conversations were in the open?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,317
    • Total Posts
      2,855,593
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...