Motor City Sonics

Should Kenny Holland be fired (Post Free Agent edition)

Should Kenny Holland be fired ?(Post - Free Agent Edition).   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kenny Holland be fired ? (Post - Free Agent Edition)

• Yes
    • No
    • I just don't care anymore

So after he had the (seemingly) consensus worst draft in the NHL and after he goes onto have yet another terrible off-season, this team will be floundering in purgatory next season. So I ask a question that I have asked many times. What's it going to take to fire Kenny? What does this guy actually have to do or prove to get fired? How many years of missed playoff appearances will it take? How many sub-.500 seasons, without a plan in place for the future, must Holland continue on with before they ax him?

You are describing Matt Millen. A guy trying to prove he is the smartest guy in the room with reach picks instead of just building a foundation one solid brick at a time. They need the equivalent of Quinn I guess.

On 6/24/2017 at 11:02 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How many sub-.500 seasons, without a plan in place for the future, must Holland continue on with before they ax him?

An empty new arena, falling TV ratings, and fan apathy will eventually lead to Holland's downfall.  With the next season projected to be similar to the previous season, I suspect Holland's days will be numbered come 2018.

On 6/25/2017 at 0:36 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

You are describing Matt Millen. A guy trying to prove he is the smartest guy in the room with reach picks instead of just building a foundation one solid brick at a time. They need the equivalent of Quinn I guess.

It has become clear that without Jim Nill running his drafts and Scotty Bowman/Jimmy D being hands on in free agency that Holland is failing and failing miserably in all facets of building this team. He needs to go before it gets too bad and we become the Pistons, mired in mediocrity for a decade or more. The Wizard has finally stepped beyond the curtain and been relieved to be a complete fraud.

13 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

He needs to go before it gets too bad and we become the Pistons, mired in mediocrity for a decade or more.

The Red Wings, Pistons, and Tigers are essentially synonymous at this point.  Both teams are saddled with overpaid, underperforming players without a pipeline of promising young players.  The only team with a semi-promising future is the Lions, and....well.....the Lions are what they are.

It is a dull time to be a Detroit sports fan.

This team will need to make the playoffs for Holland to stay on. He put his eggs in the basket of veteran players and he's going to go down with that ship. 

Better goaltending will help. Improving on what mrazek gave them last year could go a long way. 

The young players that they do have will need to step up. 

I have no idea what their cap situation is what types of guys they can add, but I expect Holland to make more moves to add more veterans and try to sneak into the playoffs.    

With the defensive unit that Holland will be trotting out on the ice next season, this team has zero shot at making the playoffs. We ranked towards the bottom of the league in goals against average, allowing a 2.92 GAA throughout the season. With Kronwall and Ericsson both another year older and worse, I don't see our defensive prospects improving anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

With the defensive unit that Holland will be trotting out on the ice next season, this team has zero shot at making the playoffs. We ranked towards the bottom of the league in goals against average, allowing a 2.92 GAA throughout the season. With Kronwall and Ericsson both another year older and worse, I don't see our defensive prospects improving anytime soon.

Yeah- I don't know how Dmen could not be the wings top priority. Plus you need fewer to make an immediate impact. Your top Dmen play 30 min. If you need to turn around a team that is where you can make the most impact with the fewest players.

Kenny has almost $18 million annually wrapped up in Darren Helm, Frans Nielsen, Jonathan Ericsson and Justin Abdelkader for the next three seasons. xD xDxD