Deleterious

2016 NBA draft

53 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

RandyMarsh posted this in the offseason thread just before I created this one.

Why isn't SVG snap calling this for Hawes and 22?

SBNation Mock Draft

In the above mock, Detroit trades.

Detroit gets: Trey Burke, Picks 23 and 39, Pick 23 would be Tyler Ulis

Utah gets: Tyreke Evans

New Orleans gets: Pick 18 and they draft Taurean Prince

Do you guys like the above situation?

35 minutes ago, nd1377 said:

SBNation Mock Draft

In the above mock, Detroit trades.

Detroit gets: Trey Burke, Picks 23 and 39, Pick 23 would be Tyler Ulis

Utah gets: Tyreke Evans

New Orleans gets: Pick 18 and they draft Taurean Prince

Do you guys like the above situation?

Seems like good value for 5 slots. Ulis and Burke are both basically garbage though. I'd gamble on Burke in this scenario, but I can't see a 150 lb guy making it in the league. 

If we don't get Denzel I want Brice Johnson. Love the fit for this roster. We need a PF with length  and he can hit a jumper. 

-Taking on Lamb or Hawes to get 22 intrigues me. 

- DId not know there was an NBA draft trade value chart

- 2nd round I'm praying for Levert or GP2, but both seem unlikely at this point. I'll live with a guy like Selden or Felder, maybe a Euro stash. 

8 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

....-Taking on Lamb or Hawes to get 22 intrigues me..... 

Do you want one of the players or the pick more?

19 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Seems like good value for 5 slots. Ulis and Burke are both basically garbage though. I'd gamble on Burke in this scenario, but I can't see a 150 lb guy making it in the league. 

I have a hard time calling Ulis garbage before he plays a minute in the league if we are going purely on his 150lb frame.  While guys like this generally have a hard time making it as a rotation player in the league, there are certainly examples of point guards of slight build having nice careers.

That said, taking on Burke is a gamble I'm not sure I would make.  Further, I'm sure not taking Ulis with the 23rd pick of the draft if I know I can get one of Felder, Selden or GPII in the second round.  I really like the idea of grabbing GP II as an energy guy off the bench to d-up, pick pockets and dunk on fools.  I would take him with the 39th pick, or even try to move up a few slots by packaging it with our current 2nd round slot.

Combine a deal like this with grabbing Hawes/22nd pick and this draft could be a real windfall for the Pistons' rotation for years to come.

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Why isn't SVG snap calling this for Hawes and 22?

He might be trying.  Not much incentive for Charlotte to do it just yet.  It's in their best interest to hold out and see if a better offer comes in.

Just now, Deleterious said:

He might be trying.  Not much incentive for Charlotte to do it just yet.  It's in their best interest to hold out and see if a better offer comes in.

True enough. 

I was shocked to see how much Lamb's shooting had fallen off last season.  He could be a great pickup for someone looking to buy low hoping he can turn into the high 30s 3pt shooter he should be.

14 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I have a hard time calling Ulis garbage before he plays a minute in the league if we are going purely on his 150lb frame.  While guys like this generally have a hard time making it as a rotation player in the league, there are certainly examples of point guards of slight build having nice careers.

That said, taking on Burke is a gamble I'm not sure I would make.  Further, I'm sure not taking Ulis with the 23rd pick of the draft if I know I can get one of Felder, Selden or GPII in the second round.  I really like the idea of grabbing GP II as an energy guy off the bench to d-up, pick pockets and dunk on fools.  I would take him with the 39th pick, or even try to move up a few slots by packaging it with our current 2nd round slot.

Combine a deal like this with grabbing Hawes/22nd pick and this draft could be a real windfall for the Pistons' rotation for years to come.

Nobody in the draft has played a minute in the league dude.....

Fair enough on Ulis. At the very least I think he has basically zero defensive potential. Just not what I want in Detroit's backup PG myself. 

14 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

True enough. 

I was shocked to see how much Lamb's shooting had fallen off last season.  He could be a great pickup for someone looking to buy low hoping he can turn into the high 30s 3pt shooter he should be.

Ugh, I thought Lamb was an easy bet to become a Danny Green type. 

DE has the Pistons picking Juan Hernangomez with the 18th pick.  Are we picking for San Antonio as the result of a secret trade that only Givony, Pop and SVG know about?  Someone call Woj!

But on the real, Hernangomez is exactly what the Pistons don't need--a combo forward that plays bad defense--even though he has a lot of upside offensivel.  Also, he looks closer to 200 than 220.

2 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Nobody in the draft has played a minute in the league dude.....

Fair enough on Ulis. At the very least I think he has basically zero defensive potential. Just not what I want in Detroit's backup PG myself. 

I completely agree.

Ugh, I thought Lamb was an easy bet to become a Danny Green type. 

Lamb has the tools to become Green, I think.  Danny's breakthrough was at 24, maybe Lamb's will be 25?

• Like 1

I wouldn't complain about another shooter if he's BPA

I just don't see it with the kid, Nas.  35% from the international line is ok, call him a poor man's 'Staps or a younger Ersan.   He has a nice high release and gets nice rotation on his shot but long release.  Long arms but vert is average and quicks are as well.  Good basketball IQ.  Defense is not good but looks like he can block some shots weakside.  Rebounds OK.

21 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I just don't see it with the kid, Nas.  35% from the international line is ok, call him a poor man's 'Staps or a younger Ersan.   He has a nice high release and gets nice rotation on his shot but long release.  Long arms but vert is average and quicks are as well.  Good basketball IQ.  Defense is not good but looks like he can block some shots weakside.  Rebounds OK.

Fair. I've heard him advertised as a stretch 4 and I know he's been moving up boards, but I don't have a strong opinion on him. 

This is a wide open draft, should be very active tonight.

If the Pistons stay I think they will take Beasley, unless someone unbelieavably falls.

If the Pistons take someone with lower-leg issues like Beasley, then why not take Valentine instead?  Just thinking out loud . . .