PuNk42AE

6/20/2016: Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers - 7:10 PM

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

To me the thing is, it's nice to have *one* guy on the roster whose talent is moving around the diamond  - the Don Kelly role, and on this team that is Romine if it's anyone. The rest of the guys may not be good enough to be starters, but you do want each of them to be good at something.

And trust me I don't disagree in principal. And I'd DFA Mike A tomorrow. But my point was which need are you gonna fulfill? Bat off the bench? speed? Great defense? You can't fill all three. 

1 minute ago, roarintiger1 said:

Gibby wants Romine to steal.................Brad hasn't even thought of that.

Brad 198-194 Good for .505

Gibby 353-375 good for .485. 

Not sure Gibby is the great managerial mind some thing. 

Hello from Ghosts of Message Board's Past...

Ausmus still sucks. His late game management is likely to cost them again tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Upton is pointless and useless.    

except for his homer that put us in this position....

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Brad 198-194 Good for .505

Gibby 353-375 good for .485. 

Not sure Gibby is the great managerial mind some thing. 

Let's compare the talent each guy has had while we're at it.

Enough already.   Enough with the Romine/Aviles Parent Trap scenario.  Enough with waiting for Mark Lowe to get it together.  Enough with expecting Pelfrey to go more than 5.  Enough with having no hitting threats on the bench.     This team is a disgusting mess. 

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

except for his homer that put us in this position....

But if he didn't hit the homer, it was a regular loss instead of an excruciating extra inning loss.  

How many times is this team going to pull Steven Moya for Mike ******* aviles who is supposed to be a defensive replacement...who can't even field a ball cleanly in right field...causing the tieing run to score. Only to ******* strike out in the 9th with the winning run at second. Oh, and thanks brad, you moron once again you pull miggy for a guy who can't run any better than miggy. Bravo. ******* bravo.

Just now, roarintiger1 said:

Let's compare the talent each guy has had while we're at it.

and that's a fine argument. I get it, Torre was blah before he got to NY. But, I stand by my point. Gibby's record leaves a lot to be desired who knows what he would have done with a better roster is a guess. He could have done better, he could have done worse. 

Again Ausmus fails to call for the sacrifice bunt to move runners up and put pressure on the opposing defense.   Ok, go ahead and argue.   Same song, different verse,

8 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

Gibby wants Romine to steal.................Brad hasn't even thought of that.

TBH, other than Victor, who can't move at all, I don't really see the point of pinch running for a guy like Cabrera who is going to score 80-90& of the time that the run is available anyway unless the guy you put in there is in there to steal the base and change the equation.

1 minute ago, roarintiger1 said:

Again Ausmus fails to call for the sacrifice bunt to move runners up and put pressure on the opposing defense.   Ok, go ahead and argue.   Same song, different verse,

And it was the right move.  if Aviles was up with two on and nobody out, you bunt.  Not Castellanos.