Sign in to follow this  
JimDavison

June 2016 Successes

He was the only guy I needed and did not get at spring training.... $10 to AFAC was well worth it.

image.jpeg

I also just got my Jordan Zimmerman card (actually two cards) in the mail from AFAC.  I had him sign two Bowman cards showing him as a Tiger.

On Friday night Jack Billingham signed six books for me, two cards, and a copy of a newspaper article detailing the game in 1974 when he gave up Hank Aaron's 714th career home run, tying Aaron with the Babe in career homers.  Two of my friends helped get me three of the autos.  The event was the first Tiger Friday in 2016 at 5/3 Ballpark.

Then on Sunday afternoon Kirk Gibson walked by after the WhiteCaps game, and signed for about 15 of us.  In my case I had him sign his bio that appears in the SABR book titled "Detroit Tigers 1984."

How come no one else besides Jim and I are posting?

Nice card, did you ask them to sign it in blue or did they just do it themselves. I know when I did the redwing send in they would only use black even though I wanted blue.

Just came from the Meijer LPGA Pro-Am Celebrity Event.  I was only after two baseball guys, and I got what I wanted.  Sort of...

...I needed Lou Whitaker on my 1984 Tiger Spring Training Program, which I think is a rare piece.  Other than Aurelio Lopez, I was missing only Lou of all the 1984 Tigers pictured in the program.  After getting his auto I looked at it, and it was strictly LW_______    I guess you get what you pay for.

Dave Rozema, the only other baseball guy, signed my new "The Detroit Tigers" book by William Anderson, and an '84 Topps card.

Desmond Howard was also signing so I gave him a baseball to sign.  A friend of mine gave me a photo of former MSU Quarterback Drew Stanton, which he also signed.  Lots of hockey players, some Gold Medal Olympians, and several former Pistons (Edwards and Mahorn) were also signing.  I did not see anyone getting turned down.

In case you are interested, here is a fairly complete list of signers:  http://newsroom.meijer.com/news/meijer-lpga-classic-for-simply-give-announces-celebrity-pro-am-lineup

Is anyone going to get Zumaya at the July 8th White Caps game? I need him on a Ginter card. Let me know if you can help me out - thanks!

Jim

Had a great time at Comerica Park last night; it was a pitching battle, with great defense and ultimately timely hitting later in the game.  Autos are getting harder to get at the Park, but I did manage to have CAMERON MAYBIN (2016 All-Star?) and today's starting pitcher MICHAEL FULMER (2016 All-Star and/or ROY?) sign their photos in the 2016 Tigers yearbook.  After the game '68 Tiger JIM PRICE also signed the 2016 Yearbook along with his Domino's card.

But the best was the 19 autos that my friend Jim gave me before the game.  They were all Mud Hen players who signed for him in Toledo, including last night's winning Tiger pitcher BRUCE RONDON and Thursday's starting pitcher with the Tigers, DANIEL NORRIS.  Thank you, Jim; hope you like what I got you!

On 6/13/2016 at 1:47 PM, detroittigerfan said:

11 minutes ago, detroittigerfan said:

Had a great time at Comerica Park last night; it was a pitching battle, with great defense and ultimately timely hitting later in the game.  Autos are getting harder to get at the Park, but I did manage to have CAMERON MAYBIN (2016 All-Star?) and today's starting pitcher MICHAEL FULMER (2016 All-Star and/or ROY?) sign their photos in the 2016 Tigers yearbook.  After the game '68 Tiger JIM PRICE also signed the 2016 Yearbook along with his Domino's card.

But the best was the 19 autos that my friend Jim gave me before the game.  They were all Mud Hen players who signed for him in Toledo, including last night's winning Tiger pitcher BRUCE RONDON and Thursday's starting pitcher with the Tigers, DANIEL NORRIS.  Thank you, Jim; hope you like what I got you!

Some great successes this month. I haven't posted simply because I haven't gotten anything in months. Attended a baseball game earlier this month (first game at Comerica Park for my boys) and it rained pre-game--plus it seems like in person at Comerica Park has only gotten more difficult the past couple of years. I did purchase two game used baseballs to commemorate their first game.

I might hit a Whitecaps Tiger Friday or two, but Lolich, Coleman and Moseby are the only players I have any interest in.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, detroittigerfan said:

I haven't sent out any request lately therefore haven't received any. A few current players are on my wantlist (Aviles, McGehee, Molleken, Pelfrey, Saupold) and I need to pick up a card or two of them so I can send out a request. I did send out a Zimmermann request thru AFAC yesterday.

2016 Topps Pro Debut Tiger prospect Spencer Turnbull came in the mail today via  the White Caps - turnaround time only 16 days.