Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

NBA Info - May 2016

Woj reporting that the Kings will interview Ewing for their HC job.

He should just skip ahead to the part where Ewing complains about not getting a HC job.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Woj reporting that the Kings will interview Ewing for their HC job.

He should just skip ahead to the part where Ewing complains about not getting a HC job.

I was thinking the same thing.

I watched the first quarter of the GSW game yesterday, and man did they come out of the box sharp.

Thompson looked like UCLA-era Reggie Miller out there--green light, anytime and anyplace with aggression.  A series matchup against Leonard will be must-see TV.

I have only seen a little bit of Portland this year, but I was stunned to see Aminu taking so many shots and from anywhere 24' and in.  Not good.  Crabbe needs more touches.

Bogut's block on Plumlee like woah . . .

It would be a huge mistake to let him go.  I'm not exactly sure what else he was supposed to do with that team.  A couple of points from winning game 7 seems pretty good to me.

I like that he is trying to play.  But can you imagine the **** show the league/team would have if he died on the court?

On 5/2/2016 at 3:18 PM, Deleterious said:

It would be a huge mistake to let him go.  I'm not exactly sure what else he was supposed to do with that team.  A couple of points from winning game 7 seems pretty good to me.

Yah, I'm not sure exactly where Vogel ranks, but he seems to do a better than average job at worst. I thought he did as much as possible with this team and continuity is usually the route I'll go if there isn't a major upgrade available. I don't see a major upgrade coming for them if they fire him

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Freaking Tarpley . . . ugh.

I thought he should be higher.  Or lower I guess?  Closer to #1.

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I thought he should be higher.  Or lower I guess?  Closer to #1.

Yeah, like any list it was pretty subjective.  Oden and Bowie at the top two spots are very, very questionable IMO. 

I could go either way on Oden.

Oden belongs there if you are just talking about disappointment and not qualifying it at all.  But if we are doing that, I better see Len Bias on that list.

I don't like calling guys a bust or disappointment because of injuries.  Oden put up some impressive numbers for the little bit he played.   His rookie year numbers are similar to Drummonds 4th year numbers.  

Bowie is mostly on that list because of Jordan.  If he is drafted in the same slot a year later, nobody says a word.  

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I don't like calling guys a bust or disappointment because of injuries.  

I agree.

I do fault front offices for failing to notice warning signs on a chronically injured player, but never put a negative label on a guy over something he can't control.

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I could go either way on Oden.

Oden belongs there if you are just talking about disappointment and not qualifying it at all.  But if we are doing that, I better see Len Bias on that list.

I don't like calling guys a bust or disappointment because of injuries.  Oden put up some impressive numbers for the little bit he played.   His rookie year numbers are similar to Drummonds 4th year numbers.  

Bowie is mostly on that list because of Jordan.  If he is drafted in the same slot a year later, nobody says a word.  

They say a word on Bowie but not to the same level. Fair on the injuries part. 

and yes, Oden was becoming a stud. EVeryone talks about no big men today, but if Yao,Oden and Bynum stay healthy, we never hear that conversation at all. They bridge Shaq and DUncan to Cousins, Towns and co

4 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Who is the best player who suffered injuries mid career and never reached his peak as a consequence?  Grant Hill, as an example.

Grant is probably the best.  Bill Walton.  Brandon Roy.  Dyess.  

Just now, Nastradamus said:

They say a word on Bowie but not to the same level. Fair on the injuries part. 

and yes, Oden was becoming a stud. EVeryone talks about no big men today, but if Yao,Oden and Bynum stay healthy, we never hear that conversation at all. They bridge Shaq and DUncan to Cousins, Towns and co

Totally forgot about Ming and Bynum.  Add those two to my list as well.  

Rose is another.

Some of the guys I'm listing reached their peak, or close to it.  They were just knocked off far too soon.