Deleterious

Pistons 2016 Offseason

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

Wait, you'd bet the under on Indy at 43.5? They won 45 last year and clearly improved their team. The only chance they don't hit that would be due to new coach implosion, but those odds seem pretty slim to me. Even Chicago won 42 last year with a new coach that was clearly a downgrade, locker room drama, broken players, and a bunch of guys that didn't fit the new scheme. No way Indy doesn't beat that mark by at least 2 games unless Paul breaks his leg again.

I'd bet the over on that in a heartbeat. I have them at 49 wins with Detroit at 48 this year in my post on the prediction thread here http://www.motownsports.com/forums/topic/95361-2016-17-prediction-thread/?page=2#comment-2609815

Well to be clear, the post was 75% needling Mickey, lol. 

I don't think they clearly improved though, I think they downgraded at coach and I think other teams improved that are near them in the standings, either internally or externally. Milwaukee and Washington especially. Knicks a bit of a wild card. I'd guess Indy at 41-41. The D will slip IMO. I love George and Turner though. 

There are also reports like this that he's lost 20 pounds in the off-season...

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/andre-drummond-lead-nba-rebounding-again/#v8wDtMSoYVjRf9P6.97

I hope that's the case. You could tell last season - particularly as the season progressed - that he was carrying a bit too much weight. This will help him be a better pick and roll defender, help side shot blocker, and make him more explosive. Plus, if true it would show a high level of commitment and work ethic/attitude, which is something that I have questioned about Drummond in the past.

• Like 2

It won't work. I would say 75% of his struggles are based on the snowball effect. Once he starts missing, VR can't really fix this.

On 9/26/2016 at 1:28 PM, Betrayer said:

There are also reports like this that he's lost 20 pounds in the off-season...

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/andre-drummond-lead-nba-rebounding-again/#v8wDtMSoYVjRf9P6.97

I hope that's the case. You could tell last season - particularly as the season progressed - that he was carrying a bit too much weight. This will help him be a better pick and roll defender, help side shot blocker, and make him more explosive. Plus, if true it would show a high level of commitment and work ethic/attitude, which is something that I have questioned about Drummond in the past.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call BS on this story. I was at last night's game and he looks exactly the same (I sit pretty close). If he lost 20 lbs then it's because he had also gained 20 lbs in the offseason and he's at net 0.

Don't expect a trimmer, faster Drummond. He still looks like he's afraid of the weight room.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw him last night.  It looks like he's going to play his way into game shape again this season.