Deleterious

Pistons 2016 Offseason

and even then his lack of shooting is an issue on so many teams. He has to be on a perfect fit of a team

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

Yah, what Biggs said. Remember, this is a team who's owner wanted to play 4 on 5 defensively, who fired the best coach they had, that got along with Cousins fine, who hired a GM appears completely unqualified and has made countless bad personnel moves, from Gay to Rondo to Mclemore/Stauskas to letting Isaiah Thomas walk for nothing and signing Darren COllison instead. 

You aren't even doing justice to that crazy Malone firing.  

Exactly like you said, Cousins got along with him and liked him.  They start his second year off at 9-6 and Cousins gets Meningitis or something like that and misses 10 games.  They go 2-8 without Cousins and Malone is fired before Cousins even gets back on the court. That is still so crazy to me.  

• Like 1

I feel Draymond Green needs to be brought up.  In last years version of this thread, some of us questioned if he is a max player.  I think we have our answer.  

29 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I feel Draymond Green needs to be brought up.  In last years version of this thread, some of us questioned if he is a max player.  I think we have our answer.  

I questioned it all the time. I was totally wrong and I am shocked at how good he has become.

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

You aren't even doing justice to that crazy Malone firing.  

Exactly like you said, Cousins got along with him and liked him.  They start his second year off at 9-6 and Cousins gets Meningitis or something like that and misses 10 games.  They go 2-8 without Cousins and Malone is fired before Cousins even gets back on the court. That is still so crazy to me.  

The Kings management is a little bit out there so it would be great if they would trade Cousins to Detroit.

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

**** yes he has been.  That stunt in Dallas made it so the only contract he could get last summer was a one year deal.  I wouldn't want to be the team that gives him more than a year long deal.  

Yeah, and it's likely he will only get a one-year deal again this off-season. 

7 minutes ago, nd1377 said:

The Kings management is a little bit out there so it would be great if they would trade Cousins to Detroit.

I bet their management meetings would be funny as **** to observe. 

"What if we had two head coaches, at the same time, they would figure it out."

"yeah, F*** yeah"

15 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I do suspect part of that is I think Sac-town has been an absolute clown show since Ranadive has been there, and I give DMC some benefit of the doubt as a consequence.

Sacramento does have Ranadive's daughter:

anjali2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=609

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Not sure if you caught my plus/minus post regarding him(he had the highest for a season since it has been kept). I know its not a good stat, but its still kind of impressive in a way

31 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Not sure if you caught my plus/minus post regarding him(he had the highest for a season since it has been kept). I know its not a good stat, but its still kind of impressive in a way

Yeah, he has been much better than I expected.  

Yah, I mean I liked Green coming out, and had a feeling he'd stick in the league, but nobody saw top 10 player coming, or close. 

I like and value Draymond Green, but is he still a top 10 or top 20 player if he plays for the Sixers,, Nets, Lakers or Suns?  I just don't know.  What he is, though, is the perfect fit for GSW and he pretty lethal in that lineup.

He reminds me quite a bit of Anthony Mason, which makes him very good and complete player in my book.  Mason didn't take many threes, but probably would take a few per game today.

The fact that he's still crushing it as the main guy, while Curry is out, says a lot to me. 

THe one knock on him is that he's not a dominant offensive player when it comes to getting his own shot. However, other than that he does everything at a high level. He's the best and most versatile defender in the league IMO. 2nd at worst to Kawhi. He often initiates the offenses, hits his 3s and is a strong rebounder. 

Mason with a 3 ball and slightly better D(at the least more steal and blocks, probably more versatility but its close) is plenty fair. 

On 5/3/2016 at 4:14 PM, T&P_Fan said:

No way on Cousins.  That dude is a team killer. 

Agreed.  Guy seems like a team cancer and a coach killer.  I couldn't care less how talented he is if he can't play within a team concept and refuses to listen to authority.  Not worth it.  Maybe he figures it out one day but it's way too risky, the Pistons have a good thing going here so no need to blow it up now.  Just add a bench shooter, a backup PG and a solid 4 and they'll be on their way.

On another note, them competing as well as they did in the Cleveland series looks even better now with Cleveland clowning Atlanta.  I firmly believe that the Pistons could probably have beaten anybody else in the east the way they played in the 1st round.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:24 AM, Deleterious said:

I was the biggest proponent of bringing him in and I said even then that I would max him, most disagreed, although I didn't expect him to be quite THIS good.  Not trying to toot my own horn (ok, maybe a little) but I've always been a huge fan of his going back to Michigan St.  Classic overachiever getting the absolute most out of his talent.

8 hours ago, NYLion said:

I was the biggest proponent of bringing him in and I said even then that I would max him, most disagreed, although I didn't expect him to be quite THIS good.  Not trying to toot my own horn (ok, maybe a little) but I've always been a huge fan of his going back to Michigan St.  Classic overachiever getting the absolute most out of his talent.

Like others have questioned, said, etc, how good do you think he would be on an average team like Detroit compared to playing on a really great team like Golden State?

8 hours ago, NYLion said:

Agreed.  Guy seems like a team cancer and a coach killer.  I couldn't care less how talented he is if he can't play within a team concept and refuses to listen to authority.  Not worth it.  Maybe he figures it out one day but it's way too risky, the Pistons have a good thing going here so no need to blow it up now.  Just add a bench shooter, a backup PG and a solid 4 and they'll be on their way.

On another note, them competing as well as they did in the Cleveland series looks even better now with Cleveland clowning Atlanta.  I firmly believe that the Pistons could probably have beaten anybody else in the east the way they played in the 1st round.

If Detroit would/could get him, I believe he would put them in the upper half(1-4 seed instead of barely making the playoffs) of the eastern conference. Before Detroit got Rasheed Wallace, his reputation was terrible.

On 5/7/2016 at 9:36 AM, nd1377 said:

If Detroit would/could get him, I believe he would put them in the upper half(1-4 seed instead of barely making the playoffs) of the eastern conference. Before Detroit got Rasheed Wallace, his reputation was terrible.

Not comparable.  Sheed had been a key player on a team that had been consistently in the playoffs and a 4th quarter meltdown against shaq and kobe away from going to the finals. 

Cousins has done nothing.