Deleterious

Pistons 2016 Offseason

how can you trade drummond if hes a restricted free agent? makes no sense unless he signs an offer sheet with the kings

30 minutes ago, tigerdon said:

how can you trade drummond if hes a restricted free agent? makes no sense unless he signs an offer sheet with the kings

It's extremely unlikely the Kings trade him this summer.  They will give the new coach some time with him to see what he can do.  This will be a trade deadline deal and you are free to trade Drummond after December 15th.  

41 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's that time of year that I start posting in the Piston thread. If (and I say if) you made a deal where Cousins and Drummond were on the same roster, could you replicate a "Twin Towers" type of situation ala Duncan/Robinsion in San Antonio or would you just have two guys playing the same position, running into one another in the paint?

Cousins had 210 3PTA's this year and shot 33%, so he has some range to play PF.  I wouldn't do it though and you will never get Cousins without involving Drummond.  

if you cant trade drummond during the offseason then he wont be dealt for cousins. By the time drummond gets his extension, no way the kings will make that deal knowing Dre's contract will be more per year then Cousins. They had a chance at the deadline and failed

1 minute ago, tigerdon said:

if you cant trade drummond during the offseason then he wont be dealt for cousins. By the time drummond gets his extension, no way the kings will make that deal knowing Dre's contract will be more per year then Cousins. They had a chance at the deadline and failed

That is terrible logic.  

The Kings would trade for him now, even though he is about to sign a huge extension.  But wouldn't once he signed it?  What?

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

As much as I want it to happen, and as good as it would make us, it's not happening.  

Buzzkillington.

I'm with Karl....not worth it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15439696/george-karl-says-never-felt-empowered-sacramento-kings-coach-discusses-demarcus-cousins-relationship

I think you can win with him [Cousins], but my thing is, how long is it going to take to get there? Then, how long before you become a winning team? I think there are faster ways to go

What is Karl going to say?  

"Yeah, you can win with Cousins.  I mean, I got fired cause I couldn't do it, but others can."

Right.

He was practically saying it before the season even started.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, maybe I'm right, maybe you're wrong... Either or... What's sad for all involved though, I guarantee he never wins anything in Sacramento. It would be in both parties best interest to cut ties but the only thing the Kings are probably smart about is that they are so poorly run they'd probably lose any trade they made with Cuz that they're better off just sitting on him.

That Sacramento team isn't constructed to win.

Put Pop or Stevens in SAC, give them 18 months to build around DMC, and win a ring.

Same could be said of NOLA and Unibrow.

Speaking of the Kings and their coaching search plus some old school Pistons news.  Corliss Williamson will interview for the Kings HC job.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You have it backwards.  That team was a dude killer.

Cousins has had like 5 coaches, two owners, 3 GMs and roster turnover up the wazoo.  Cousins is the common denominator among them all. 

I think I would sign Rondo though.

I was a huge Rondo fan. Right up to the point one of the best coaches in the game banished him from his team, in the middle of a playoff series.

Yeah - I'd oddly sooner take a chance on Cousins than Rondo.

And I am say that setting aside age and talent level.  Meaning if I thought were comparable in all other ways, I think I'd take a chance on DMC first.

I do suspect part of that is I think Sac-town has been an absolute clown show since Ranadive has been there, and I give DMC some benefit of the doubt as a consequence.

I was a huge Rondo fan. Right up to the point one of the best coaches in the game banished him from his team, in the middle of a playoff series.

I thought I had heard he was a model citizen this year. Maybe the Carlisle situation was a wake up call?

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Yah, pretty much

4 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Cousins has had like 5 coaches, two owners, 3 GMs and roster turnover up the wazoo.  Cousins is the common denominator among them all. 

I think I would sign Rondo though.

Yah, what Biggs said. Remember, this is a team who's owner wanted to play 4 on 5 defensively, who fired the best coach they had, that got along with Cousins fine, who hired a GM appears completely unqualified and has made countless bad personnel moves, from Gay to Rondo to Mclemore/Stauskas to letting Isaiah Thomas walk for nothing and signing Darren COllison instead. 

1 hour ago, DaBishop said:

I thought I had heard he was a model citizen this year. Maybe the Carlisle situation was a wake up call?

**** yes he has been.  That stunt in Dallas made it so the only contract he could get last summer was a one year deal.  I wouldn't want to be the team that gives him more than a year long deal.