Jump to content

Deleterious

Pistons 2016 Offseason

Recommended Posts

If we could get Avery Bradley that would be great. Don't think he's gonna be on the market though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if he is. Boston wants cap flexibility, they have a lot of small guards and they want to get more scoring from their wing guys. Pretty decent odds they take one of the top 2 SGs in the draft IMO. Still might keep Bradley and I don't know what we offer exactly, but I think there's at least a somewhat realistic chance of us landing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The FA class is pretty underwhelming.  

Good. The Pistons have had a horrible recent history signing high priced free agents.  SVG has done a great job through trades, clear out some of the clutter at SF to address other areas of need, maybe dangle the 1st rounder.   It's a shame that the Montejiunas trade fell through, would have been a nice fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im hoping Meeks has some value to get a return. I really like what I saw from Bullock and hopefully his confidence grows. I agree with dangling the first rounder, especially for a big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Meeks has no value. 

So the Kings hired Ken Cantanella out of our front office?

Yeah, I guess he was our analytic guy.

Sounds like a lateral move, which is sort of odd.  Open up the wallet, Tom.  Although there are a lot of reasons to do that other than money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, I guess he was our analytic guy.

Sounds like a lateral move, which is sort of odd.  Open up the wallet, Tom.  Although there are a lot of reasons to do that other than money.

Being driving distance to wine country would be a nice sweetener.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was looking at Kawhi Leonards rookie season and numbers wise his and stanleys are fairly comparable..with exception of FG%. If you can continue to develop he has Leonards potential IMO. what should we accept from him next season to consider it progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without looking too in-depth at the numbers if Stanley played like he did in the playoffs next season I think I'd be satisfied with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tigerdon said:

i was looking at Kawhi Leonards rookie season and numbers wise his and stanleys are fairly comparable..with exception of FG%. If you can continue to develop he has Leonards potential IMO. what should we accept from him next season to consider it progress?

They aren't close at all when you look at them.  Points per/100 are close and that's good,  until you realize Johnson need 4 1/2 more FGA's to get it.  Johnson has more assists but other than that Leonard beats him on most other stats by a pretty large margin.

Per 100 Poss

 
Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?
Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   ORtg DRtg
1 Stanley Johnson 2015-16 19 73 6 1687 6.7 18.0 .375 1.9 6.1 .307 4.8 11.8 .410 2.4 3.1 .784 1.7 7.4 9.2 3.5 1.6 0.4 3.4 5.3 17.7   91 106
2 Kawhi Leonard 2011-12 20 64 39 1534 6.7 13.6 .493 1.4 3.7 .376 5.3 9.9 .536 2.3 3.0 .773 3.5 7.5 11.0 2.4 2.9 0.8 1.5 3.0 17.1   119 101

If you want to compare Stanley to someone, he is much closer to Anthony Bennetts rookie numbers.

Per 100 Poss

 
Glossary  · SHARE  · Embed  · CSV  · Export  · PRE  · LINK  · ?
Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS   ORtg DRtg
1 Anthony Bennett 2013-14 20 52 0 663 6.2 17.5 .356 1.0 4.1 .245 5.2 13.4 .390 3.4 5.4 .638 3.8 8.2 12.1 1.3 1.6 0.6 3.7 7.2 16.9   85 107
2 Stanley Johnson 2015-16 19 73 6 1687 6.7 18.0 .375 1.9 6.1 .307 4.8 11.8 .410 2.4 3.1 .784 1.7 7.4 9.2 3.5 1.6 0.4 3.4 5.3 17.7   91 106
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

but other than that..........

Superstar in the making. I need to hope, dream, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Anthony Bennett will ever put his game together?  Work ethic can be hard to learn for these AAU princesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nd1377 said:

Superstar in the making. I need to hope, dream, etc.

I really like the Marvin Williams comp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

I wonder if Anthony Bennett will ever put his game together?  Work ethic can be hard to learn for these AAU princesses.

Sometimes to get motivated, these guys need to lose that big fat check that comes in every two weeks.

Whiteside is a great example.  There was an article published about his rookie year recently and it had eight different stories.  Some of them were just, wow.

Rookie year he was making $480K before taxes, agent cut, etc.  First day of training camp he shows up in a $200,000 Mercedes.

After practice, Samual Dalembert and assistant coach Pete Carril were going to work with Whiteside on his post moves.  Whiteside said no.  Dalembert got mad and basically said it wasn't an option, get down there and get to work.  Whiteside said fine, I will give you 10 reps then I'm gone.

His rookie year he got hurt and did no rehab work.

And my favorite.  He approached one of the Kings beat writers and asked him why he was at every game and practice.  The beat write asked him what he meant.  And Whiteside said are you just a big fan or something, why are you always here?

He ends up out of the league two years and now look at him?  He is about to get a huge deal this summer.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Sometimes to get motivated, these guys need to lose that big fat check that comes in every two weeks.

Whiteside is a great example.  There was an article published about his rookie year recently and it had eight different stories.  Some of them were just, wow.

Rookie year he was making $480K before taxes, agent cut, etc.  First day of training camp he shows up in a $200,000 Mercedes.

After practice, Samual Dalembert and assistant coach Pete Carril were going to work with Whiteside on his post moves.  Whiteside said no.  Dalembert got mad and basically said it wasn't an option, get down there and get to work.  Whiteside said fine, I will give you 10 reps then I'm gone.

His rookie year he got hurt and did no rehab work.

And my favorite.  He approached one of the Kings beat writers and asked him why he was at every game and practice.  The beat write asked him what he meant.  And Whiteside said are you just a big fan or something, why are you always here?

He ends up out of the league two years and now look at him?  He is about to get a huge deal this summer.  

 

There is no doubt that Whiteside is the poster child for redemption amongst once-promising rookies in the NBA. 

Whitesides gifts are obvious as a big, as a guy who can dominate the paint--even if it was just a projection at one point--on any given night.  Bennett was always going to be a bit of a compromise, perhaps with upside to LJ but really more like Rodney Rogers--still a very effective rotation forward.

At any rate, I do like the idea that Bennett can work his tail off and become a mini-force in the L once he understands the opportunity he's been presented with.  I hope he gets there, I'm just not sure I would put money on it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah, Whiteside is a strangely wired dude. He definitely had to work through some maturity issues at the least. 

It would definitely be nice to see Bennett turn it around. I'll always take the positive story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just got done watching the magic 30 for 30 what a sad opportunity Orlando had with shaq and penny. kinda felt bad for penny seeing shaq bail on him. also made me think of the pistons. yeah they dont have a shaq but would be nice to get a Horace Grant veteran leader that can still play for this team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd hate to build a team around that guy, I don't care how good he is. I mean is his supporting cast that bad that a player as good as he is should be as bad as it is?

I also feel bad for whatever team ends up paying Whiteside. I mean, sure, maybe he's learned his lesson...but maybe he's just trying to get that next payday. I'd be scared that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Report: Kings considering trading DeMarcus Cousins

Drummond, Harris, and next years 1st rounder for Cousins.  Let me know what Danny says to that.

It's that time of year that I start posting in the Piston thread. If (and I say if) you made a deal where Cousins and Drummond were on the same roster, could you replicate a "Twin Towers" type of situation ala Duncan/Robinsion in San Antonio or would you just have two guys playing the same position, running into one another in the paint?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...