Deleterious

Pistons 2016 Offseason

MCW can't shoot so he's not an option. all comes back to Augustin as the best  available. I wonder how much it would take to get Adrian Payne from minnesota. he has stretch 4 ability and buried on the bench. always felt he can be a solid rotation player

Payne has been terrible.

Can mcw play defense? Can he evolve into a shawn livingston type?

43 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Payne has been terrible.

I haven't seen MCW play since he was traded from Philly, but when he was there he provided a combination of blocked shots and steals like no other PG in the league--although Mudiay should offer those things going forward.

Of course, this doesn't make him a good defender.  But does he stay in front of other PG pretty well?  He did when I've seen him, but his DRTg was the worst of his career this season.

worth doing homework on, IMO.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Payne has been terrible.

Yes

I definitely shoot higher than McBob and Burke. Why would we be looking to add **** to our roster.

Jackson, made a point: windows are short-lived and you never know when the window closes. Whether it's by trade, FA, or draft, I'm shooting for the best player(s) that position the Pistons to make a Championship run. We're obviously not there yet... but McBob and Burke certainly aren't going to get us any closer to that either. And in order not to blow the window that's open for us right now (in the Playoffs, can we get to a Championship?), make strong moves. I think SVG is on board with this type of thinking as well but... we'll see what he does.

I don't know who the best/ likely available options out there are... But I'm shooting for Marvin Williams, not McRoberts. Rondo, not Burke. Even if it's someone else, other than Williams or Rondo... We need to shoot as high as possible for solutions, not be looking for the Lowest Common Denominator...

I doubt Marvin Williams leaves charlotte as a starter for a bench job here. Do you overpay for Meyers Leonard? His game expanded and shoots 3s now but hes restricted and coming off shoulder surgery. Really need to find some height on that front line, 6-10 or above in case you can role with a stretch 5 like Cleveland did with Love. Marrese Speights is another and hes unrestricted

Marvin wouldn't necessarily come off the bench here.

Speights is a bit of an enigma, talent is there but he gets a ton of garbage time/empty stats.  A team like NYK will overpay for a guy like this, and SAS will underpay cause they can, but who knows?  

Seems like Portland could hold onto Leonard, but his shooting is certainly a plus.

We have enough Marvin Williams types lol. Funny I just read an article about Stanley Johnson where they said his 2 closest comps are Tobias and Marvin Williams. 

I'd go for Leonard. Montejiunas would have been so nice, ugh. 

Pass on Leonard and pretty much every RFA.

You always have to overpay for a RFA.  This year will be even worse with the cap rising so much.  A team like Portland is going to be $40-$50M off of the luxury tax so they have very little incentive not to match a high offer on Leonard.  

Dieng would be a great fit to backup Tobias and also finish games as the 5 because Drummond can't play in crunch time.

I am a big fan of a small bench lineup featuring a backup PG, Meeks, Bullock, SJ, and Dieng. I really like SJ at the 4.

PG is a very deep position. Not really concerned about that. Need Dieng or someone though down low.

• Like 1

I would not mind grabbing MCW to be our backup PG. He can't shoot, but he can play defense and run the pick and roll. Plus he would be playing for a contract and would be surrounded by shooters. I think that could be a very low-risk, high-reward move if the Bucks are looking to dump him.

Leonard and montejunes would be the ideal stretch big they desperately need. maybe guys like ellenson sabonis skal labriesse zimmerman could be around 18. heard they all have 3 pt capability

I could see then drafting a big but still try to get a Big in a trade. I wonder what the price would be for patrick patterson from Toronto. good numbers but didn't even start over scola

Toronto definitely has some decisions to make this off-season.  Patterson can shoot, but he is nothing special on the glass and he doesn't really block shots.  Pretty much, he's an incremental improvement upon Tolliver.

Bebe could be worth acquiring if the price is right, as he's just now growing into that lanky body and showing some actual skills.  Dude could be a legit shot blocker in the league if given minutes, but so could other guys I suppose.  With Biyombo under contract for another year, Bebe is probably viewed as expendable.  I wouldn't rely in him as the immediate backup big, rather to take Anthony's spot as the just-in-case big to bring in situationally (but certainly more often than Joel was used!).

Ross will probably be shopped, and he had an OK bounce-back year, but is he worth $10M per year to the Pistons?  At least he would give us another wing that could play some defense.