Sign in to follow this  
Gehringer_2

Next Tiger Starter Watch

a somewhat better start for Norris back at Toledo after his sniff of an aroma of coffee in Detroit.

7IP, 8H, 1BB, 4K, 3ER

gave up two on a 1st inning walk/HR combo and then one in 7th.

The fact that he was able to get to the 7th on 100 pitches was an improvement in his efficiency.

Norris still tagged with loss as Hen's offense did nothing.

Good sign for sure, G2. 

Avila has to be working the phones right about now trying to see what he can get in return for a veteran or two.

5/19:

Farmer goes 5 for the Hens. 1ER, 1BB, 4K, 1H - a triple. So pretty nice outing. Buck gets no decision as the game has gone to extra innings.

Friday 5/19

Boyd goes 6, 6H, 2ER, 1BB, 9k.  Hens lose it in the 9th.

Greene on rehab, tossed 42 pitches at West Mi good for 3IP, 2H and 5k against 1BB.

• Like 1

in the 1st half of one of those 7 inning AAA double headers, Norris goes 5 and gets a win.

5IP, 3H 2R, 1ER, 7K    95 pitches, 56 strikes.

So he is pretty much ready in terms of pitch counts. Be interesting to see if if Norris gets any starts that Zimm may miss or if they want him to keep working on command/efficiency at Toledo.

incidentally, Rondon made an appearance in this game and walked two and gave up a run in his inning of work. He seems to be going backwards.

in the 1st half of one of those 7 inning AAA double headers, Norris goes 5 and gets a win.

5IP, 3H 2R, 1ER, 7K    95 pitches, 56 strikes.

So he is pretty much ready in terms of pitch counts. Be interesting to see if if Norris gets any starts that Zimm may miss or if they want him to keep working on command/efficiency at Toledo.

incidentally, Rondon made an appearance in this game and walked two and gave up a run in his inning of work. He seems to be going backwards.

They don't need another starter until next Tuesday. Greene is set to pitch a rehab appearance in Toledo this week. I tend to think he might have the inside track for that Tuesday start.

I'm glad to see Norris have a better outing.  I really hope that Norris and Fulmer provide a solid 1-2 punch in the rotation for the next handful of years.  

Not that it matters... I mean a great pitcher is a great pitcher no matter which side he throws from, but I can't remember the last time the Tigers had a great lefty near the top of the rotation for solid chunk of years.

Kensing with 2 more clean appearances in Toledo. In his last 7 appearances: 4.2 IP, 5K, 1BB, 0H, 0R

Too bad we don't have any pitch data from the minors.

last night Norris with a strong performance for the Hens:

6 IP; 4H, 0R, 1BB,8K, 96 pitches/63strikes

John Wagner reported from the game that Norris had excellent breaking stuff. He Had his walks in good shape and even cut of a potential 'Norris meltdown' when he got into a little trouble in the 4th but managed to work out of it without damage

Update on Greene and Norris:

5/31 Greene: 4.2 IP, 5H,1ER, 0BB, 1HR. 78 pitches/51 strikes, no decision

6/1 Norris: 6.1 IP, 10H, 2ER, 1BB, 9K. 102 pitches/70 strikes.

With that K/BB ratio I'm thinking Norris is bored with AAA hitters.

• Like 1

I have to imagine Norris will get the call soon to replace Boyd or pelfrey.

6/6/16 Norris goes 6 for Hens, takes loss with only one run of support

6 IP, 3H, 3 ER, 3BB, 4K  107 pitches/64 strikes