PuNk42AE

4/11/2016: Pittsburgh Pirates vs Detroit Tigers - 1:10 PM

He isn't long for this one. They should get Ryan or Farmer up.

two straight games the starter is going to get knocked out early.

Finally have a window to tune in for a bit, and Justin thinks it's alright to suck like a hoover.  Not pleased, especially considering it was an unplanned off day yesterday.  Please baseball, do not be depressing this year.

It's really remarkable to watch a fundamentally sound team like the Pirates that play the game so correctly. It reveals the Tigers inconcistencies that much more. A manager may not have a huge effect of the in game play, but he certainly does team game plan and dynamics.

6 minutes ago, CapitalTigers said:

It's really remarkable to watch a fundamentally sound team like the Pirates that play the game so correctly. It reveals the Tigers inconcistencies that much more. A manager may not have a huge effect of the overall game plan, but he certainly does team game plan and dynamics.

Two entirely different ways to construct a team in terms of payroll and fiscal discipline/cheapness.

Got the first hitter out and didn't give up a leadoff double.  That's a start. 

I'm following this game on the cartoon and its giving me a headache.  I can imagine if I had paid.

JV doesn't have it.  Unless the offense wakes up, we gonna be 3-2.  **** me off.

McCann rolls his ankle running out a grounder; Salty is in.

33 minutes ago, CapitalTigers said:

It's really remarkable to watch a fundamentally sound team like the Pirates that play the game so correctly. It reveals the Tigers inconcistencies that much more. A manager may not have a huge effect of the in game play, but he certainly does team game plan and dynamics.

It is only one game.  Maybe tomorrow we look like the fundamentally sound team and they look sloppy.

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is only one game.  Maybe tomorrow we look like the fundamentally sound team and they look sloppy.

The bad fundamental today was pitching from the Tigers.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

McCann rolls his ankle running out a grounder; Salty is in.

ugh...sportz will be happy

Kensing is real bad.  Alex Wilson is heading up to Toledo he should be up by the end of the week.

27 minutes ago, kdog said:

Two entirely different ways to construct a team in terms of payroll and fiscal discipline/cheapness.

This is true.  I think the Pirates seek fundamentally sound players because they can't afford a lot of stars.  The Royals are that way too. 

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

This is true.  I think the Pirates seek fundamentally sound players because they can't afford a lot of stars.  The Royals are that way too. 

They wouldn't have given Verlander or Cabrera $28-$30 million a year. The Tigers have 7 players making $14 million a year or more. Pirates have 0.

McCann was killing it behind the plate. Really hope he isn't gone too long.