Jump to content

Motor City Sonics

FREEP:Datsyuk is leaving

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Holland is a dolt.   To me it is becoming obvious that he surrounded himself with really good people and got the credit.   Now that Jimmy D and Jim Nill are gone, he's exposed.  The Wings way of doing things in the 90s is not unique anymore.  Everyone scouts Europe now and there are no more diamonds after the 5th round.  There needed to be innovation - bold moves.   All I see are the same used up signings.   Who will be this year's Mike Modano?  Who will be this year's Zidlicky?   Can't just blame the Cap anymore.  It's been in place for about 10 years now, figure out how to work around it.  

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean the villain, that's what the agent is supposed to do.  Agent doesn't care about the team.   Can't make him a villain.  Datsyuk is the villiain...

Worry not... Datsyuk is gone now. You don't have to seethe about him wanting to play for his country anymore.

Yes, the agent doesn't care about the team. Which is exactly why Holland should be criticized for allowing the agent to set the terms of the negotiation (started with 5 years, Holland thinks he won by going to 3) rather than driving the negotiation himself (gee, Datsyuk is getting older and seems to want to play in Russia, how about we go a year at a time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Worry not... Datsyuk is gone now. You don't have to seethe about him wanting to play for his country anymore.

Yes, the agent doesn't care about the team. Which is exactly why Holland should be criticized for allowing the agent to set the terms of the negotiation (started with 5 years, Holland thinks he won by going to 3) rather than driving the negotiation himself (gee, Datsyuk is getting older and seems to want to play in Russia, how about we go a year at a time).

I do worry, he handcuffed the team.  they have to either swallow 7.5 million or will end up having to trade a top young player along with that contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could watch this shootout goal over and over again. I still remember where my jaw was (on the floor) when Datsyuk did this in the shootout.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I do worry, he handcuffed the team.  they have to either swallow 7.5 million or will end up having to trade a top young player along with that contract.  

False.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pavel was trying to do everyone a favor with the salary cap hit by saving Kenny from himself. Didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

False.

Jury's still out.  What if that defenseman the Coyotes took winds up being a star player and the Wings could have had him. 

 

 

Can't wait until we sign Patrick Eaves............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I could watch this shootout goal over and over again. I still remember where my jaw was (on the floor) when Datsyuk did this in the shootout.

 

Sunday afternoon game.............and Bertie's spin move was great too.   That one was fun.   Been downhill since then.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jury's still out.  What if that defenseman the Coyotes took winds up being a star player and the Wings could have had him. ...

And the player the Wings drafted could end up being the star, in which case Pavel set the Wings up with his manouver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now