Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

04/08/16 Game 82 Wings @ Rangers 12:30pm ET FSD 97.1FM

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Wings will have 6 on 3 with 20 seconds to go, ha

Abdelkader felt it was unfair so he dumped it back down to our end.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Wings lose. Can the Bruins score 5 goals in 4 minutes?

Well, they aren't playing the Wings.  I think we are safe!

Boos are deafening in Boston. Wings are in! So that dropped point to Carolina the other night was the decider.

I'd still rather them be in the playoffs than out.  1/16 chance is better than 0 chance.  Amazing the can be as bad as they have been this season and get 3rd in the division.  If they could find that team posing as the Red Wings who played against Philly the other night, it might be a decent series against the Lightning.

I'd play Mrazek. Big pat on back for Howard when every game counted. But Mrazek had the better season, will be our goalie for years, can use the experience and should be rested and rejuvenated with 2 weeks between starts by Game 1. 

Again Anthanasiou plays less than 5 minutes. Jesus, the guy has scored 9 goals in the short period of time  he's been up with the wings. He certainly deserves more than 5 minutes.

I can see why -even if I don't agree with it - Blashill leaned on vets as a crux down the stretch. That's the conservative, safe (on the surface) choice. Didn't want to take risks and blow the streak and potentially his job in his very 1st season. Fine. But you've made the playoffs, you'll live. So in the playoffs I want more AA, Mantha, Marchenko, Mrazek. Fewer minutes for Zetterberg and Ericsson and Kronwall. Very few if any at all for Richards and Andersson.

But Blashill won't change overnight so I dont expect him to do things differently than he has all year. Funny how the Wings felt younger and more up and coming in the 2013 playoffs and the first half of the 2014-2015 season than they do now. That's what has everyone bummed out.

And the Wings need to part ways with Smith this offseason. Given how Babccok and now Blashill have benched him for extended stretches at crunch time he obviously isn't meshing and there is something behind date scenes we aren't seeing. Not a bad season this year so could have some trade value.

Tyler Johnson left the Lightning ' s game tonight with an injury. Total cheap hit by the Habs player.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk