drownwithyou

04/07/16 Game 81 Wings @ Bruins FS-D NBCSN 7:00 pm

It's heartbreaking being a Leafs fan. It damaged me cheering for them for 20 minutes, how have some people managed it for 50 years?

Hopefully when the dust settles Detroit and Boston both make it and Philly goes golfing. 

Saturday afternoon will be 'fun'. 

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

The Wings, Bruins and Flyers will all lose in regulation on Saturday.  Then it will come down to whether Philly picks up a win on Sunday to knock out Boston.

Flyers lose to the worst team in the NHL a night after being shut out by one of their playoff "race" rivals.

The Bruins heading into tonight's game go 2-7-1 down the stretch.

The Wings come out for their biggest game of the year by giving up 2 goals in the opening minutes and manage just 7 shots on goal the final 2 periods combined.

Yep, clear that these all are bubble teams challenging for the 15th and 16th playoff spots rather than elite contenders challenging for the President's Trophy.

Win or lose, you just know Jack Edwards' head is going to explode Saturday around 3:30ET. Unless the game is on NBC? 

Same with Mickey Redmond. Not sure if FSD is covering it or NBC is and if the former whether Mickey will travel for the game.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Win or lose, you just know Jack Edwards' head is going to explode Saturday around 3:30ET. Unless the game is on NBC? 

Same with Mickey Redmond. Not sure if FSD is covering it or NBC is and if the former whether Mickey will travel for the game.

NBC is doing Philly/Pitt at 3 PM on Sat - Bruins and Wings games will be local TV 

Thanks. Will  be pancakes and eggs in front of the TV for me Saturday morning on the West Coast.

Whichever team is the odd man out Monday morning will only themselves to blame. The team that misses will probably end up with fewer than 95 points. So no team should feel hard done by. I'll be disappointed if the streak ends, but because of the Wings' miediocre season it won't exactly rank as one of the biggest Detroit sports heartbreaks or perceived injustices.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Thanks. Will  be pancakes and eggs in front of the TV for me Saturday morning on the West Coast.

Whichever team is the odd man out Monday morning will only themselves to blame. The team that misses will probably end up with fewer than 95 points. So no team should feel hard done by. I'll be disappointed if the streak ends, but because of the Wings' miediocre season it won't exactly rank as one of the biggest Detroit sports heartbreaks or perceived injustices.

I have said for months the Bruins home record would doom them - 17-17-6 O.o

My fear is if Boston misses playoffs they will fire Julien and Montreal will pounce. 

9 minutes ago, Fenway said:

I have said for months the Bruins home record would doom them - 17-17-6 O.o

My fear is if Boston misses playoffs they will fire Julien and Montreal will pounce. 

Vancouver sports radio was speculating today that the Canucks could be interested if Julien became available, because of the Benning angle. I can't see that, Julien could do much better. Like Montreal, as you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Vancouver sports radio was speculating today that the Canucks could be interested if Julien became available, because of the Benning angle. I can't see that, Julien could do much better. Like Montreal, as you mentioned.

Or his hometown of Ottawa. One thing is certain - Julien will have many, many suitors.