PuNk42AE

4/6/2016: Detroit Tigers vs Miami Marlins - 4:55 PM

Making a big deal about opposing League batting champions meeting in the first game of the year as being extraordinary in its rarity seems ridiculous.  Barring a trade, that is something that was almost impossible for over 100 years anyway.  There just seems to be better things to manufacture a discussion over. 

Saltalamacchia would have had a sac fly if they don't send Miguel.

I'm with Price - contact play must have negative outcome about 90% of the time.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Saltalamacchia would have had a sac fly if they don't send Miguel.

I'm with Price - contact play must have negative outcome about 90% of the time.

Not sure it was a contact play with a 7-2 lead. I think he thought they would go for the double play, which they should have done. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Can KRod hold a five run lead? News at 10. 

Is it KRod, or Kensing?

When Blaine Hardy and Alex Wilson make it back, they might have a good bullpen. Even if K-Rod turns out to suck. Just hope Brad doesn't let him blow fifteen games before a decision is made.

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Not sure it was a contact play with a 7-2 lead. I think he thought they would go for the double play, which they should have done. 

Yep, I think 1st and 3rd it's automatic to go home on a grounder. If you don't it's possible they turn a double play and you're still at 3B.

so the BP is fine in every inning but the 9th. Can we set up an isolation room in the BP and then tell the guy it's the 8th?

Hmm, so I'm not happy with this whole ninth inning work.  So much for that revamped BP we all heard about.

1 minute ago, djb6 said:

Hmm, so I'm not happy with this whole ninth inning work.  So much for that revamped BP we all heard about.

Oh come on. Last night was a fluke and tonight is a guy that's only here for a few days until Wilson or Hardy come off the DL. 

2 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

New guy sucks!

Place holder for Hardy and Wilson, if they ever come back.   I just have a feeling we won't see Alex Wilson this year. 

Act like Kensing is supposed to be our ******* closer... 

I kind of feel bad for Ausmus.  If he has another crappy bullpen, he is going to become the scapegoat.  I feel like that happened last year quite a bit.  Yeah, there were some times he made questionable calls, but he took the brunt of a bad BP.

Just now, Yoda said:

Oh come on. Last night was a fluke and tonight is a guy that's only here for a few days until Wilson or Hardy come off the DL. 

Oh I know, I'm just so use to this that when I see it start happening, I think to myself, "Oh here we go again."

It is also only two games in.  There is plenty of time for the BP to get right and still have a very successful season.

1 minute ago, djb6 said:

I kind of feel bad for Ausmus.  If he has another crappy bullpen, he is going to become the scapegoat.  I feel like that happened last year quite a bit.  Yeah, there were some times he made questionable calls, but he took the brunt of a bad BP.

yeah, pitching to Jose Altuve to avoid Preston Tucker was because of a bad bullpen.   Pinch running for V-Mart after a single with two outs was the bullpen's fault.    I get he doesn't have much to work with, but he makes some strange decisions.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djb6 said:

Yeah, so much of it (but not all) is how well or poorly the guys pitch. Nothing wrong with how he's handled the bullpen these 2 games, other than not pinch-hitting for Anibal, which technically doesn't involve the 'pen.