PuNk42AE

OPENING DAY - 4/5/2016: Detroit Tigers vs Miami Marlins - 7:10 PM

"Hey, the longer we wait to start the season, the less time we spend in last place!"

-The Marlins, probably.

And we don't even have the traditional off day tomorrow, in case the opening game doesn't happen.  See y'all at the double header tomorrow.

No, they have a "ceremony" going on and anything other than the real game is not a part of that "package" we purchased.

I don't mind missing the ceremony. I just assumed the game was starting at 7:10p ET because that's what every single schedule I've seen says. You'd think someone would have seen this coming and adjusted the schedule or started earlier or what have you.

Just now, jbhappy said:

I don't mind missing the ceremony. I just assumed the game was starting at 7:10p ET because that's what every single schedule I've seen says. You'd think someone would have seen this coming and adjusted the schedule or started earlier or what have you.

It's the Marlins. The mickey mousiest of mickey mouse organization. I'm not surprised they can't plan a ceremony properly. 

If this was in LA or Anaheim I'd say it's a ruse to trick people into arriving on time.

They are finally getting around to the national anthem which of course is only on the audio feed. If we saw the national anthem on TV we might want to go out and buy flags or something and MLB.com would not get a cut of the action. 

19 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I know, the lyrics were even playing backwards.  The music was familiar, but I'm not sure who or what it was.  For some reason though, I'm looking around in my apartment for a small creature to sacrifice to some instinctual, primal God embedded in the dark recesses of my unconscious.

Well, Charles Manson was said to be a frustrated musician. Maybe this is the album he cut?

James McCann doesn't approve... looks too Mexican or something.

McCaptain.

It's a pretty complicated legal question about what they can show us and what they can't, so it's probably just better for them to start the game somewhere in the second or third inning to be safe.

Now that one does pass me off.

I'll be forced to notify a moderator if you continue to evade the sensor.

That's what I thought, too.

Hey things work like they should!

Maybe not, audio on tv app is the radio with no way to change (i know that's not an issue for those that hate rod)

Finally able to watch what we paid for 25 minutes later than usual. Just consider it something like an intentional rain delay. 

Wait a minute! Is this Chen related to legendary Tiger killer Bruce "Cy" Chen?

I had timed my 9 month old's late afternoon nap perfectly until the 25 minute delay.  This game was going to start in peace.  I have a right to be pissed.

PLAY BALL!!!

Have they said why this season the Tigers games are starting at :10 after the hour?  Last year I know it was :08