PuNk42AE

OPENING DAY - 4/5/2016: Detroit Tigers vs Miami Marlins - 7:10 PM

I have been so out of the loop this spring training... been busy with work and other stuff.   Doesn't seem real.

The crappy forecast for Friday also puts a damper on the excitement. 

At this very moment, 9:52 AM in Detroit, it is 28° but Yahoo weather says it feels like 19°. Yikes! 

Out here right now it's still 33 and feels like 23...  So lame, especially after it was 73 yesterday about 3pm.

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

This is such a drag. I'm moving to L.A. in 12 days and with everything I have going on, I cannot get into this season at all. I forgot today was opening day until just a minute ago. It's really weird. This is usually the biggest day of the year for me. 

High of mid to low 80's today. 

The people who schedule cannot predict the weather a year out.  Some teams play in cold weather climates.  They have to deal with that the first month of the season.  More times than not the opening day in Detroit is pretty good weather.  We should feel lucky.  This year will blow, weather wise but it is not something to get upset over IMO.  I just wish the season opener was during the day so I could have a good excuse to take the day off work!

As I sit here watching the clock for another 5+ hours I couldn't agree with you more JBK.  I typically take the season opener day off work, grill some dogs, and enjoy watching the game with a few beers. But since it's at night I went to work.

Bad enough that we have to wait an extra day or two compared to everybody else, why must we also wait until evening?  Blah...I'm ready for some baseball.

• Like 2

Plus with it being the Marlins it almost feels like another exhibition game.

• Like 1

I have the flu today and never thought I'd be home to follow this game but now I am. I was even disoriented enough to buy mlb.tv again, which I'll rarely be able to watch due to my work schedule.  This is one of those crappy photobooth selfies on the iMac of me in a faux leather Tigers' jacket I bought off the MTS store last year. I look like warmed over death but, oh well. It's opening day, and I'm a believer, and I couldn't leave her if I tried.

mesick.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I agree you look like warmed over death.

I kid, I kid.

I dragged myself out of bed to take that picture. I really do feel like warmed over death.  And I'm not wearing pants either. People normally don't drag themselves out of bed wearing pants. Just in case anyone wanted to know.  Not commando, #JustNoPants. 

I am watching the sparsely attended Red Sox Indians game in Cleveland. It's 33° and it feels like 26°. The Mesikan players are wearing hoodies to stay warm. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Pantless Bert in the house!

Anyone else creeped out by the Pizza Hut chicken wing delivery commercial that they showed during the NCAAs?  The one with the guy answering the (half) door with no pants?

Anyway, Bert, I'm no doctor, but I would recommend more cowbell or a script of the 9/9/9 today.

47 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I dragged myself out of bed to take that picture. I really do feel like warmed over death.  And I'm not wearing pants either. People normally don't drag themselves out of bed wearing pants. Just in case anyone wanted to know.  Not commando, #JustNoPants. 

Boxers or whitey tighties?