Yoda

New board features!

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

It appears to me that the ability to edit a post you make disappears after, say, 15 minutes or so. Am I correct in that?

its set to 5 minutes now. It is adjustable by the management. MWG asked for a poll on member preference  - its here:

http:// http://www.motownsports.com/forums/topic/94932-poll-topic-time-allowed-for-editing-posts/

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

its set to 5 minutes now. It is adjustable by the management. MWG asked for a poll on member preference  - its here

www.motownsports.com/forums/topic/94932-poll-topic-time-allowed-for-editing-posts/

OK, this is weird. The link above is the correct address to the thread in the 'Comments' section. But if I click on it, it reopens *this* page. What is that about?

How do I post without quoting the last few posts I've responded to?  Every time I try to post something, lots of old stuff shows up and I can't delete it.  

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

How do I post without quoting the last few posts I've responded to?  Every time I try to post something, lots of old stuff shows up and I can't delete it.  

Yet you made this post. 

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Are you using the '+' sign maybe?. Just hit the word 'quote' in the post you are quoting not the '+' sign. The '+' sign is the multi-quote tool.

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Are you using the '+' sign maybe?. Just hit the word 'quote' in the post you are quoting not the '+' sign. The '+' sign is the multi-quote tool.

Also don't double click everything like an old man.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

Yet you made this post. 

I get the same thing. You have to **** with it to delete the old stuff.  Why is the question. Too much work, shouldn't happen.

18 hours ago, tiger337 said:

If you want to post without quoting any of the previous posts, just type your text in the reply box at the bottom of the thread.

Any chance we can get the censoring adjusted a little? I can't type he ll or bas tard, which is used a lot in the game of thrones discussion. I didn't know that was even a swear word. I assume the software came with those pre-loaded? There's a few other fringe-words as well but I can't remember what they are. 

• Like 1

Asshole somehow made it through!  I agree the censor needs to be modified.

Also the 'Mark Site Read' button is one of the best inventions for someone with OCD, ever.  I actually get work done now!

The message board was upgraded this morning with the latest version.  This is I believe the third minor upgrade since we launched it back in early March.  This version does include some new features, so let's see if you can find them!

14 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

The message board was upgraded this morning with the latest version.  This is I believe the third minor upgrade since we launched it back in early March.  This version does include some new features, so let's see if you can find them!

well it would be hard to miss the difference on the browse page. Reserving judgment for now, I usually don' t like pages that smack of tiling but the hierarchy is shown much better - IMO.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:43 AM, Yoda said:

Any chance we can get the censoring adjusted a little? I can't type he ll or bas tard, which is used a lot in the game of thrones discussion. I didn't know that was even a swear word. I assume the software came with those pre-loaded? There's a few other fringe-words as well but I can't remember what they are. 

Today I discovered the word "c-r-a-p" is censored. I think Ned Flanders set the defaults to this software. 

I was just about to point out another issue and remembered that nobody cares and it will never even be replied to. 

Flying, I hate everything about it. Screaming kids, delayed flights, no room on seats, consistently being sat next to a obese person who takes up half my seat, people that smell awful, people trying to cram their oversized luggage into over head bins which don't fit. seats that recline that have the person in front of you sitting in your lap, an up charge for everything from luggage to getting on the plane early, people who sit next to you who want to talk to you and won't take no for an answer, people who feel in is necessary to get up 10+ times a flight and climb over you, sitting on the tarmac for 45+ minutes because no ramp is available, etc ,etc etc. I hate flying.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I expected a lot out of the new board, but I don't know as that I expected it to make my flying experiences better.

Set your bar higher.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:43 AM, MotownWebGuy said:

Removed the ability to delete posts? Is that one?

Edited by chasfh