Jump to content

Yoda

New board features!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Not sure what the problem could be and it's odd that you are the only one experiencing this issue. @John_Brian_K Can you let us know what browser your using, including the version?  PC or Mac? Any info that might help would be appreciated...

Any techs out there that might be able to explain any of this?

After I posted my reply to this I get this:

 

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1048

Contact Us

And then it double posts...just like what it is going to do for this I am sure.  I went back and deleted one of the posts right after.  I will do the same for this one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

The old board only let you make a post every 30 seconds.  Is there a feature you can turn on like that?  It would stop his double posting.

Yes, there is a feature like that.  It is called Flood Control and it is set for all member groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yoda said:

Being able to post faster will help a lot in the game threads though. 

I don't know.  That 30 seconds has saved me more than a few times haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Google Chrome is the browser installed in 2014...not sure how to quickly check the version.  PC.  I am on a work network also and have messed with some of my settings on here, but too many to list.

Top right corner, click the little icon that looks like three horizontal bars.  Then Help->About Google Chrome.

I'm complete updated and have version Version 49.0.2623.87 m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, we're getting 25 posts per page instead of 40, but it doesn't feel too short or anything. Maybe because the posts take up a little more room. Feels about right though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright it worked when I turned off the button in the bottom right that says to 'notify you of replies'.  When it is on...it errors, when it is off it works just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

:)  I wish I knew how to turn that off!  I keep getting:

 

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1048

 

After every post, but then it goes on to post it twice.

Just don't post it the second time. I saw that happen to me once and then I had to delete one of them. Just some stray error message, probably because the system doesn't like the Commodore 64 you're working on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Top right corner, click the little icon that looks like three horizontal bars.  Then Help->About Google Chrome.

I'm complete updated and have version Version 49.0.2623.87 m

Thanks.  I should have known that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Alright it worked when I turned off the button in the bottom right that says to 'notify you of replies'.  When it is on...it errors, when it is off it works just fine.

Weird, and amazing that you were able to find the culprit. That seems so random. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yoda said:

Weird, and amazing that you were able to find the culprit. That seems so random. 

The button is the bottom left not the bottom right.  I changed all my settings as soon as I got on to try and get the feel to something I was used to.  My default for that button right now is a green check mark saying I will be notified of responses...when I unclick it (like I will do right now) it does not give me the error and double post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone notice the feature that will allow you to see a quick shot of a thread when you hover over the title in the forum list?  There are tabs inside that box that allow you to quickly view the last post in the thread.  Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, thanks for updating the board MWG, much appreciated!

 

Does anybody know how to get a new posts page like on the last board where it just lists threads, instead of the individual posts on the Unread Content stream under Activity?  I post on another board that lets you show threads instead of posts under a "New Content" section but I haven't been able to find that here if that exists.  Not the biggest deal, I just got used to my bookmark taking me to a page with all the threads listed with new posts instead of a stream of posts from various threads.  If that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

First off, thanks for updating the board MWG, much appreciated!

 

Does anybody know how to get a new posts page like on the last board where it just lists threads, instead of the individual posts on the Unread Content stream under Activity?  I post on another board that lets you show threads instead of posts under a "New Content" section but I haven't been able to find that here if that exists.  Not the biggest deal, I just got used to my bookmark taking me to a page with all the threads listed with new posts instead of a stream of posts from various threads.  If that makes sense.

Try going to Activity> My Activity Stream> Create New Stream. Looks like you can customize streams and do topic only. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×