John_Brian_K

New Layout Problems/Comments

Not that relevant, but "likes" without including who did the liking is a strange idea

Tapatalk will at least show you (via notifications) who likes your posts. Not that that's a great reason to use it or anything.

Can you imagine the fun this place would be if you could dislike posts? They would have to change the name of the site to flamewarsports.com

3 hours ago, Antrat said:

Can you imagine the fun this place would be if you could dislike posts? They would have to change the name of the site to flamewarsports.com

We could keep track of a winning percentage with standings.  

PCT = LIKES/(LIKES+DISLIKES).

That might run into small sample sizes though, so we could also have 

LIKES-DISLIKES 

We could keep track of a winning percentage with standings.  

PCT = LIKES/(LIKES+DISLIKES).

That might run into small sample sizes though, so we could also have 

LIKES-DISLIKES 

Like% - Dislike%

4 hours ago, Antrat said:

There was a time when people were able to assign tags to posts. It got ugly.

One version or iteration of the site allowed you to change your username. That was cute for about 10 minutes. Somehow we still knew based on location or post counts or whatever.

3 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

There was a time when people were able to assign tags to posts. It got ugly.

Tyrus whines.  

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I actually think people were using them to call me names.

I remember a couple of pople saying you were the best poster on the site and I didn't even know who you were because you didn't post in the Tigers forum.  

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "do you want notifications" thing that keeps popping up every time I go to a different page?  My only options are "allow" or "not now', which only lasts until a new page.  I want *never* so it stops asking me.  This assumption I will want notifications is getting annoying.  This has only popped up since the new site.

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, couldn't find anything.

11 minutes ago, bluefan75 said:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "do you want notifications" thing that keeps popping up every time I go to a different page?  My only options are "allow" or "not now', which only lasts until a new page.  I want *never* so it stops asking me.  This assumption I will want notifications is getting annoying.  This has only popped up since the new site.

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, couldn't find anything.

Click on the bell shaped icon in the upper right corner, under that there is a shaded link that says notification settings, click that and click the appropriate boxes.

On 2016-11-08 at 10:01 AM, John_Brian_K said:

Click on the bell shaped icon in the upper right corner, under that there is a shaded link that says notification settings, click that and click the appropriate boxes.

Apologies if I'm being obtuse, but I've been there.  In the bottom section, everything is set to no, or "off."  In the top section, the only place where anything is selected is a section where there are three circles and it doesn't allow you to deselect.  Otherwise nothing is selected.  Nothing says "Never ask me about notifications" or anything close to that that I can tell.  If I'm misreading one, I'd certainly love to be corrected. 

33 minutes ago, bluefan75 said:

Apologies if I'm being obtuse, but I've been there.  In the bottom section, everything is set to no, or "off."  In the top section, the only place where anything is selected is a section where there are three circles and it doesn't allow you to deselect.  Otherwise nothing is selected.  Nothing says "Never ask me about notifications" or anything close to that that I can tell.  If I'm misreading one, I'd certainly love to be corrected. 

I wish I could give you the exact answer.  I can select/unselect all of those.

Sometimes, when you go to post in a thread, your previous post is still in the preview section.

17 hours ago, Antrat said:

Sometimes, when you go to post in a thread, your previous post is still in the preview section.

That happens to me all the time.  

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, Deleterious said:

I actually think people were using them to call me names.

You had the best comment regarding the tags.

It was something to the effect of, 'If you have something to say to me, sack up and post it rather than hiding behind a tag.'

Forum seems to be on the verge of death on and off over the last several hours. Pages refusing to load, posts won't upload.

44 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Forum seems to be on the verge of death on and off over the last several hours. Pages refusing to load, posts won't upload.

I've been getting the same.

DNS attack from the Russians perhaps? ;-)

There were some server issues this weekend that I was unaware of until this evening.  They should be resolved now and I'll keep a closer eye on it the next couple of days.

9 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Actually, you might now be that off.  There were some attacks on a site I host, perhaps from Russian Hackers.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:29 AM, Blue Square Thing said:

I've been getting the same.

They are spying on Romad.  

• Like 2