John_Brian_K

New Layout Problems/Comments

So far everything is working pretty well for me.  There are 2 threads that were started in the 'Test Thread' section that I could not access, but still can see.  I need some time to get used to the activity tab to sort the info the way I like it.

And GIF avatars are now available.  I know a bunch of the old school people will hate it, but I like the addition.

4 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

There are 2 threads that were started in the 'Test Thread' section that I could not access, but still can see.

Those two threads are scheduled to be deleted, but the new message board software has yet to finish the process.  Right now, the site is still running a bunch of processes in the background to rebuild the forums and it is taking a lot of time.  So there might be an oddity or two that you come across, that eventually works it's way out.  At the current rate, it might be 2-3 more days until the entire process is finished.  

The software company assured me that we could still launch the board while the background work was finishing up, so there was no reason for me to wait a few more days.

In addition, this is entirely new software to me as well as all of you.  So there are things I'm still figuring out as I go along and will be making tweaks here and there.  So don't be alarmed if you see something different now and again. :D

no doubt it's going to be a paradigm change - the look and feel is miles apart from VB. OTOH - it already seems a lot more responsive  speed wise...

no doubt it's going to be a paradigm change - the look and feel is miles apart from VB. OTOH - it already seems a lot more responsive  speed wise...

HaHa - just jot a message when I posted this that "something had gone wrong!" ...but it hadn't. SW needs to build its confidence up.....

:laugh:

35 minutes ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Those two threads are scheduled to be deleted, but the new message board software has yet to finish the process.  Right now, the site is still running a bunch of processes in the background to rebuild the forums and it is taking a lot of time.  So there might be an oddity or two that you come across, that eventually works it's way out.  At the current rate, it might be 2-3 more days until the entire process is finished.  

The software company assured me that we could still launch the board while the background work was finishing up, so there was no reason for me to wait a few more days.

Yeah, no worries.  I just figured it would be easier to track any issues with one thread.  So far I am actually enjoying this change.

Also just FTR I am still getting the phishing alert when I try to open the page.  I know someone said that would be gone soon, but just letting you know I am still getting it.

6 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Also just FTR I am still getting the phishing alert when I try to open the page.  I know someone said that would be gone soon, but just letting you know I am still getting it.

I have alerted Google to the changes in the website and message board, so they have 72 hours to review them.  Hopefully once they do, the will lift the phishing alert.  The ball is in their court right now.

Like the new site. Though I had to get a password reset because it wouldn't take my mine.

• Like 1

Will the main Motownsports.com page get the right "Forum" link in the upper right, or should I just bookmark the main forum page?

17 minutes ago, Antrat said:

Like the new site. Though I had to get a password reset because it wouldn't take my mine.

Passwords did not transfer over from the old site.  They were encrypted.

17 minutes ago, PuNk42AE said:

Will the main Motownsports.com page get the right "Forum" link in the upper right, or should I just bookmark the main forum page?

Are you talking about the button on the homepage that says "Visit our Forums."  If so, that link is working correctly.  When click it sends you to: http://www.motownsports.com/forums/index.php

24 minutes ago, PuNk42AE said:

Gotcha, I think it was because it was an old Cache of the page.  Thanks

What isn't working yet on the MotownSports.com homepage is the links to each of the team forums that are clickable when hovering over a team name.  Still have to sort out those issues as the links are slightly different with the new software.  

I love it. Thanks for all your work! No problems for me. Gehringer seemed to hint that it looks worse than VB, but I disagree. Much clean/modern, imo. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

I love it. Thanks for all your work!

Thanks for the comments!  I've been wanting to try IP:Board for several years and this seemed like the time to do it.  I really liked vBulletin, but after nearly 15 years and several security issues later, it was finally time to try something new. This has reenergized me a bit as well!

• Like 1

Is there a way to find our latest posts? A thread we posted to?

And thank you for all your help. I knew here was a new platform we would have vto change to but you handled it well.

One thing I noticed missing is VB would number the posts within a thread. It was handy to reference "post #43" in a certain thread at times. If there's a way to turn that on, awesome. If not, no big deal. 

Just now, PuNk42AE said:

Is there a way to Edit posts?

Ok well nm, for some reason that one shows an edit button, but my earlier ones in this thread do not.