Sign in to follow this  
holygoat

Trade Deadline thread

Re: Kindl, addition by subtraction. Getting rid of 85% of his cap hit is good.

Re: Hudler, I'm surprised Kenny didn't go after him. But glad he didn't.

Word is that Smith is being shopped around, which I'm not super stoked on since he's probably been the Wings' best d the whole year but they could probably get something good for him? I'm guessing that's why he was scratched today since Blashill was giving him a lot of minutes previously. I would think that he'd sit Marchenko over him although it should be Ericsson.

The Kindl thing saves them around $2 million next season which is nice. I wasn't really hoping for much more beyond that. Unless it's something like a Drouin trade where it is more for the future (I read the Lightning have 5ish offers they are mulling over) I think Holland should just stay pat since this team isn't close to competing for the cup. I don't see them going full rebuild so this is the next best thing.

I would rather keep Smith than use him to get a rental, plus I imagine the Bruins would want a decent draft pick if Pulkkinen is the "prospect" in that deal.

How embarrassing for Stars fans to lose to a Ken Holland-created team. They must feel like firing Jim Nill after this.