holygoat

Pistons acquire Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton

Wow. SVG doesn't fool around. Knows we don't stand a chance in free agency so he makes some of the better trades I've seen.

Motiejunas is a wild card indeed... But if he pans out look out.

Thornton will help us now with Meeks out.

I imagine the Pistons looked into his back and are encouraged by it, I hope so at least haha. Could be a nice scoring piece for the second unit if he's healthy? Not a bad gamble for a pick in the range where it will probably end up.

I imagine the Pistons looked into his back and are encouraged by it, I hope so at least haha. Could be a nice scoring piece for the second unit if he's healthy? Not a bad gamble for a pick in the range where it will probably end up.

Well Anderson has a bad back too so this is at least a cheaper gamble.

I wouldn't trade our roster for another one in the East right now. I mean, if the Celtics get Ben Simmons or some **** its a different story, but as of right now IMO we are the favorite for the 2 seed next year.

The big guy can shoot both inside and from the outside and he's 7 foot tall. He has to be brutal defensively or this is a great pick up. Even if he's horrible defensively, seems like that would make him a younger Ilyasova basically

I wouldn't trade our roster for another one in the East right now. I mean, if the Celtics get Ben Simmons or some **** its a different story, but as of right now IMO we are the favorite for the 2 seed next year.

Anderson has a bad neck, not back.

And this is only cheaper until someone pops him with a big offer next summer and the Pistons have to match.

Ah, right right. I see he played 3 games in the D League (20ish minutes each game) so he could be good to go for the stretch run here.

This is a great trade IMO. Motiejunas is a promising young player and Thornton gives them a sharpshooter off the bench, they can't bank on Meeks returning to form so this helps now and potentially down the road

They already have a wealth of young talent so they can afford to deal a 1st rounder without much worry and it's top 8 protected?

This is the type of GM we need. Smart trades instead of opening up the vault to mediocre free agents. Bravo SVG.

Anderson has a bad neck, not back.

And this is only cheaper until someone pops him with a big offer next summer and the Pistons have to match.

I don't think he'll get offered as much as Anderson. We shall see. I swear it was you who said Anderson was a back haha, must have misremembered.

A couple quick hits

- Montejiunas lead the NBA last year in FG% on post up attempts

- This gives us interesting options if we are going to go Drummond less in the mid to late 4th quarter.

I think Motiejunas will primarily play against larger PF's with Drummond or Baynes at C.

Maybe some spot minutes at Center depending on matchups. But I think the team really likes Baynes backing up AD.

Mostly, I think this increases player/position-flexibility for SVG by quite a bit.

What does this mean for Baynes when/if Donatas is healthy? We can't move him right now with the uncertainty of D's back, and that's a pretty big contract for a third string C. Maybe we move Morris for a PG and let Donatas be the 2nd PF?

Pretty big risk to give up a #1 pick for a big man with a history of back problems.

Meh, its a risk, but picks in that range get over valued.

I think Motiejunas will primarily play against larger PF's with Drummond or Baynes at C.

Maybe some spot minutes at Center depending on matchups. But I think the team really likes Baynes backing up AD.

Mostly, I think this increases player/position-flexibility for SVG by quite a bit.

Maybe, but down the stretch of games I'd expect Donatas at C

Worldwide leader don't think much of the trade for us. Gave us a C-, with some not very impressed statements on Motiejunas

Pretty big risk to give up a #1 pick for a big man with a history of back problems.

I don't see it as a big risk. The pick is a luxury as the Pistons are filled with young players already.

What this does is give them much needed shooting ability off the bench and a PF who can potentially grow with the young nucleus. If worse comes to worse and the back injury is too tough to overcome, they still have some scoring punch off the bench for a mid 1st round pick. The upside outweighs the risk IMO.

The dude apparently has a good post up game, that's something the team could use. 50%ish shooter from inside the arc for his career

Am I the only one that is sorta wishing we miss the playoffs and get that top 8 pick? Unlikely...but I can dream