FRM710

Michigan Recruiting 2017

this explains it

apparently the Vatican matters to some folks.  I might have suggested other venues for the Spring trip for educational purposes.   Rome is definitely educational. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, ROMAD1 said:

any targets on this list we can flip given the return of Coach Frey?

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/84/class/2017

Aside from Burgess, I think most of the kids in the IU '17 recruiting class would be depth signings or projects.

Frey will be concentrating on the Detroit area, which Michigan had its way with this year.

Something of note--Frey was one of the first coaches that Indianapolis Cathedral four-star OL Emil Ekiyor got an offer from.  Ekiyor was vocal in his excitement to play for Frey upon hearing of his hiring by Michigan, so that's hopefully one more big boy we can count on protecting Peters and McCaffrey in years to come.  And one less lineman Harbaugh doesn't have to worry about keeping around/impressing for the next year.  Hopefully, the kid can do a little recruiting for us at lineman camps this spring and summer.

Solomon chose Michigan, Collins is supposed to do the same.  Pretty epic class this year.

I see some spread offense in Michigan's future with the massive haul of talented receivers.

It'll all hinge on how the OL holds up.  Definitely excited about the WR & the DL positions.

4 hours ago, djhutch said:

It'll all hinge on how the OL holds up.  Definitely excited about the WR & the DL positions.

It all hinges on the back 7 to me

21 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

It all hinges on the back 7 to me

I agree on the defensive side.  They will definitely miss Peppers & Lewis but the DL still has Hurst & Gary, & some nice incoming freshman.

I'm just worried about the OL holding up.  Not much experience there, although I really like the Frey hire.  

3 hours ago, djhutch said:

I agree on the defensive side.  They will definitely miss Peppers & Lewis but the DL still has Hurst & Gary, & some nice incoming freshman.

I'm just worried about the OL holding up.  Not much experience there, although I really like the Frey hire.  

True, but I can't name a for sure back 7 starter right now. The DL will be fine

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

True, but I can't name a for sure back 7 starter right now. The DL will be fine

seems like Bush - McCray - Metellus

Long - Kinnell - Hudson? - Hill

I suppose McCray and Kinnell are the only "sure" starters out of that 7 at this point, but they have the talent. Being that young at CB is definitely scary

21 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

I think Ambry Thomas has a legit shot to start at CB, maybe 3rd CB to start the season.

Yah, I could see him starting for sure. I could see 3-4 freshman starting to be quite honest. DPJ, Filiaga and maybe Solomon or a LB. Maybe another DB or WR.