FRM710

Michigan Recruiting 2017

Michigan lost Tony Tuioti today to Fresno State--he was director of player personnel.  On the surface, it may not seem like a big deal but he was a big part of the reason why Texas OT prospect Chuck Filiaga (6-6.5 335) and his mother felt good about Michigan.  Many considered Filiaga a strong Michigan lean, I wonder if that changes?

Edit:  Nas, just saw your post after I posted.  Things may get interesting.

11 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Michigan lost Tony Tuioti today to Fresno State--he was director of player personnel.  On the surface, it may not seem like a big deal but he was a big part of the reason why Texas OT prospect Chuck Filiaga (6-6.5 335) and his mother felt good about Michigan.  Many considered Filiaga a strong Michigan lean, I wonder if that changes?

Edit:  Nas, just saw your post after I posted.  Things may get interesting.

Ugh, I needed one of him or Wilson at least! Come on Harbaugh, lock him down!

I gather from some of the tweets from the team that some interesting unexpected commitments are coming.   

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Michigan gets Drew Singleton, Rivals 4th ranked OLB and 51st ranked player overall.  They are on a roll!

Vital grab for Michigan.  If Gay commits to Michigan, it is unlikely he'll be able to play this season with his academic situation.

2 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

I gather from some of the tweets from the team that some interesting unexpected commitments are coming.   

Nico Collins would make a nice cherry on top for this lights-out WR crop.

4-5 spots left.

Hoping for this finish:

Collins, Gay, Filiaga and please please get Solomon.

UM still going after Wilson as well.

Najee Harris has finished high school and will be an early enrolle, so we will find out in the next week or so if Michigan was able to flip him.  This has been a stellar December for Michigan recruiting. 

On 1/3/2017 at 6:32 PM, Deleterious said:

Sam Webb feels good about Harris, so I'm going to ride that "emotion" and see what happens

On 1/3/2017 at 6:32 PM, Deleterious said:

Good for him.  I think that bodes well for whatever school gets him, as well as for his future.

Harris stuck with Alabama, but a mere 24 hours after stating '**** Michigan' Aubrey Solomon may now have Michigan leading again

recruiting lol

• Like 1

How does it work for early enrollees? Are they paying this semester out of their own pocket?

I think Hongbit explained it to me once, but I seem to have forgotten.

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

How does it work for early enrollees? Are they paying this semester out of their own pocket?

I think Hongbit explained it to me once, but I seem to have forgotten.

I believe they're on scholly. The 85 limit does come into play--I read that most guys who are gonna try for the NFL will graduate a semester early to focus on that, so there's typically some extra room for that this semester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pyrotigers said:

Harris stuck with Alabama, but a mere 24 hours after stating '**** Michigan' Aubrey Solomon may now have Michigan leading again

recruiting lol

This for sure.

Soloman is no consolation prize, He would potentially solidify the DL depth chart for the next few years and allow coaches to not worry about flipping any OL.  

OL must improve in 17, the backs will step up IMO.

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I believe they're on scholly. The 85 limit does come into play--I read that most guys who are gonna try for the NFL will graduate a semester early to focus on that, so there's typically some extra room for that this semester.

Yes, this is why early enrollees can be limited in some situations. Michigan was able to have so many because pretty much all of their seniors already graduated

If they do send the football team to Rome this Spring it will be f'in awesome.   The SEC schools with their rent-seeking efforts with the NCAA to horn in Harbaugh won't know what hit them because its an educational experience and they likely have time to prepare their own educational sojourns for HVAC repair and Truck Stop management.