jimtb

Need Only 3 1980's Tigers - Can You Help?

Hi everyone,

I've been diligently working on collecting autographs on every regular and update issue of Topps Tigers cards for just over three years now. Along the way I also began getting the autos of 1980's Tigers that didn't appear on a Topps card. After biting the bullet and getting Doug Flynn on his 86 Topps card at recent signing, I'm down to needing just three cards and was hoping someone may have a lead on where I can pick one up. Thanks for checking for me!

1983 Topps Update # 63T Aurelio Lopez

1986 Topps # 563 Alejandro Sanchez

Morris Madden - auto on any card - he has several minor league cards and a 1989 Score rookie card.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jim

Can't help with any of those cards, but curious about Doug Flynn and the 86 Topps card. Did he do a signing recently where he signed more? Curious what he was charging...

Can't help with any of those cards, but curious about Doug Flynn and the 86 Topps card. Did he do a signing recently where he signed more? Curious what he was charging...

It was a private signing last weekend. To get the 86 Topps signed it was $400, a check made out to a charity. I had passed for several years on other signings. I am so close to having this project done that I have been saving for awhile in anticipation of the next opportunity.

flynn_zpsuasypzd4.jpg

I sent a Thru the Mail request to Doug Flynn back in 1991 and included his 1986 card. He sent me a Mets card signed and explain that he doesn't sign the 1986 card.

I sent a Thru the Mail request to Doug Flynn back in 1991 and included his 1986 card. He sent me a Mets card signed and explain that he doesn't sign the 1986 card.

Why on earth not?

jimtb - looks like your card he is signing:

385738.jpg

That could be my card! Pretty cool.

Anyone else attempting a run of cards?

David Wells only signs his Blue Jay cards.

Is that true when he does shows as well?

Jim

Bryan - Thanks for the heads up on Madden!

I'm down to two cards needed: 1983 Topps Update # 63T Aurelio Lopez and Morris Madden. I picked up a PSA/DNA Sanchez a couple of months ago. 

Jim

Jim, let me know how the Madden works out.  Can't help on the Lopez, only have 84 Topps.

Brian

Well I mailed a card to Madden with a donation last week, and a few days later came across a signed card from a Tiger collector on ebay. I now have a signed card from every Tiger who played in the 1980's! Only need the 83 Lopez to have every Topps card from the 80's signed.

5B4AEB6D-ABE1-4761-9C27-C79FA88FBD77_zps

21 hours ago, michblk said:

Congrats Jim!  Looks similar to mine!  :) One down, one to go.

BK

Thanks, love the thrill of the hunt!

On August 31, 2016 at 4:27 PM, jimtb said:

Well I mailed a card to Madden with a donation last week, and a few days later came across a signed card from a Tiger collector on ebay. I now have a signed card from every Tiger who played in the 1980's! Only need the 83 Lopez to have every Topps card from the 80's signed.

5B4AEB6D-ABE1-4761-9C27-C79FA88FBD77_zps

No I did not. I also included a money order donation for $20. Madden is definitely tough these days. I'm glad I was able to find a signed card.

Still looking for a signed 1983 Topps Update # 63T Aurelio Lopez.

Jimtb, Congrats on getting all the '80 Tigers cards signed. I'm trying to just get one card of each Tiger player. I can't imagine getting all of the cards signed. As far as 1980's go I need signature of Julio Gonzales ('83 Tiger), Bryan Kelly ('86-'87 Tiger) and Ramon Pena (1989 Tiger). Good luck with finding the 83 Lopez.

What a coincidence, I just got Bryan Kelly free TTM las week, so he is signing!