Motor City Sonics

Do you park your car in your garage?

Do you park your car in your garage?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you park your car in your garage?

• I almost always park in my garage
    • I almost never park in my garage
    • I don't have a garage
    • Fire Ausmus

I almost never do. Maybe 2-3 times a year if there is hail in the forecast.

I will describe my garage as the place where things go and rarely ever return.

You could take 90% of what's in my garage and throw it away and I'd never miss it.

I have an extra garage in the backyard that serves as a large shed basically and all my storage goes there. The wife and I NEVER park outside of the garage attached to the house.

We have a two car but not sure both will fit. Besides I have a basketball thing blocking one side.

We might park my wife's Escape in there during a potential heavy snowstorm.

My last garage was insulated, and I parked in it all the time. Having your car start at 40 degrees when it is below zero out is great. Current garage is not insulated, and further away than the curb, so we use the garage about 75% of the time.

I can finally park mine in the garage. The wife has always parked hers in the garage. She's the wife and the morning school transport for the kids. Our newer two car garage has more storage room than the previous two car garage which I couldn't get my car into. Of course, this winter hasn't been as bad as the last two, so huzzah for that timing.

I never used to use the front door, always parking in the garage. But my garage door needs repair so currently park in the driveway unless hail is predicted. Then I have to manually raise and lower the door. (It hangs, which triggers some safety feature on the auto opener.). Haven't had it repaired because we plan to replace the entire door soon, at which time I will always park inside again.

Husband's truck lives in the driveway because our adult kids' junk is piled on his side.

2 1/2 car garage with a little enclosed workarea between. Insulated. Both park in it every evening.

Garage was not a consideration when we bought the home, but now that I have one set up much the way I like, it would take a lot for me to downgrade in a potential move.

When I bought this house last Fall the only downside was they had taken the old One Car garage and made it into a extra room and Dining room. Sucks not having a place to park, or storage that isn't in the backyard, but since i've parked outside my whole life it wasn't a huge Con.

We park two SUV's in the garage, and a third car in the driveway or on the street. But we have a very large 3-car extended garage. I can see how people would run out of space to park in their garages, particularly those who have small lots like in my community where there is not really a lot of space for other outbuildings to store things.

I park both cars in my garage. I may be the only person I know in my circle of friends and relatives that does this. I think literally every one I know well uses their garage as a giant storage locker.

Always park n the garage. In fact an attached garage was mandatory when we bought our recent house.

The door is always shut too. It drives me nuts to see open garage doors.

We recently moved and the new place has what is called a two car garage, but that is up to debate.

So my wife uses the garage and I park in the driveway.

There are two things I really find myself missing from the old house. They are the 2 1/2 car garage and a mud room. I never realized how great having a mudroom is until I started walking in the back door and have nowhere to put shoes and boots full of snow.

I think if I take absolutely everything out of the garage we might be able to fit both cars in, so that's the plan for next winter.

We've been doing some renovations and half the garage has been cluttered with stuff that had been moved from the reclaimed basement. My car spent the summer in the driveway. Did some serious cleaning and rearranging about a week ago when the weather turned cold. I'm back in.

Our HOA, or I guess maybe more accurately our CCR's enforced by our HOA, actually requires that residents park their vehicles in their garages up to the point that they have first expended those spots first, before parking in the driveway or on the street. So if you have a 2-car garage, the first two are required to be parked in the garage, and only then the rest outside.

Essentially no one abides by this rule, which you can tell by the vast number of cars parked in the street. But it does technically exist.

Hell yeah we park in the garage. What's the point of owning a home with one if you don't use it for your vehicles?

Seriously, though, the Mrs. and I vowed from day one of owning a home that we will never fill our garage with so much crap that we can't park the cars in it.