Sign in to follow this  
MAROTH4MVP

Who to cut?

If you were Quinn, whom would you cut? Some options:

Stephen Tulloch- Cap hit- $7,300,000 Dead money $1,300,000

Riley Reiff - Cap hit $8,070,000 Dead money- 0 *

Cornelius Lucas- Cap hit- $606,668 dead money $6,668 **

Joique Bell- Cap hit-$3,500,000 Dead money- $1,000,000

* Reiff is actually an option, which the Lions should decline. He is not getting 8+million on the open market.

** Lucas probably wouldn't sav ecap space, but I don't think he is worth a roster spot, I get he can play multiple positions but he is terrible.

Please do not say James Ihedigbo, he is free agent anyway. I brought this topic up on another forum, and he is all they wanted to talk about.

If you were Quinn, whom would you cut? Some options:

Stephen Tulloch- Cap hit- $7,300,000 Dead money $1,300,000

Riley Reiff - Cap hit $8,070,000 Dead money- 0 *

Cornelius Lucas- Cap hit- $606,668 dead money $6,668 **

Joique Bell- Cap hit-$3,500,000 Dead money- $1,000,000

* Reiff is actually an option, which the Lions should decline. He is not getting 8+million on the open market.

** Lucas probably wouldn't sav ecap space, but I don't think he is worth a roster spot, I get he can play multiple positions but he is terrible.

Please do not say James Ihedigbo, he is free agent anyway. I brought this topic up on another forum, and he is all they wanted to talk about.

CJ or is he staying if he doesn't retire?

Tulloch and Bell. The O-Line is too crappy to get rid of even a mediocre player like Reiff, and you have to take into account that it's a 1 year deal essentially, so the money is fine. No one is giving him 5-40 sure, but lots of teams would give him 1-8.

Tulloch and Bell are gone, Mathis too. THat's an easy 10 mil off the books. Levy probably to MLB

Reiff is the tough call. I doubt he's cut. I would guess he's either traded or extended. An extension you can use to lower his cap space this year.

I assume you'd extend him as your RT going forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team throw you a 3rd for him. Also if you aren't extending him, while he isn't worth 8 mil, that isn't a terrible number for one year if the plan is to let him walk in a year.

Tulloch got better as the year went on, but I'd still cut him. Same for Bell, he's just too replaceable at this point. Lucas is pretty bad at football so I wouldn't miss him.

I'm guessing Pettigrew sticks around, but I wouldn't mind cutting him if Quin can find a cheaper blocking TE.

Tulloch, bell, Pettigrew, and mathis will retire or be cut.

I think the option on Reiff might be picked up depending on what is available via FA or the draft.

You can't sign Reiff for less. It was an option on his contract that the Lions already took the option. I don't believe they can cut him, either.

You can't sign Reiff for less. It was an option on his contract that the Lions already took the option. I don't believe they can cut him, either.

I have heard this discussed before, but would Reiff flourish as a guard if the Lions find an above average tackle to play left tackle?

Tulloch, bell, Pettigrew, and mathis will retire or be cut.

This. The Lions are good cap shape going forward. It should be an exciting off season. New, competent, GM. Whole new front office with qualified scouts, and most importantly, a new direction.

His option is only guaranteed for injury and he can be extended to lower his cap hit in 2016.

I have heard this discussed before, but would Reiff flourish as a guard if the Lions find an above average tackle to play left tackle?

We don't need a G and Reiff is plenty capable as at least a RT

We don't need a G and Reiff is plenty capable as at least a RT

Even if Reiff is an upgrade at guard?

Even if Reiff is an upgrade at guard?

Probably. I mean, you'd have to either believe he was a massive upgrade over Warford, which I find unlikely, or you'd have to pay him 8 mil to take Tomlinson's spot, and basically give up up on a guy who was drafted in the 1st round last year. Seems unlikely to me that our starting guards aren't set going into the season, barring injury. You never know though. I wouldn't hate the idea of shopping Warford if someone wanted to offer something of value.