DaYooperASBDT

*** THE 2016 ADOPT A TIGER DRAFT EXTRAVAGANZA ***

Staying with my practice of selecting players who appear ticketed for Lakeland this season (I hope), I select A J Simcox. A J was a 14th round pick in the 2015 amateur draft out of the University of Tennessee. He started at SS as a true freshman and started all three years, signing at the completion of his junior year. Although he is 603 and 185 pounds, a scouting report at Baseball America indicates that he should be able to stay at SS. In three years at Tennessee, he only hit one home run. He batted 283 as a freshman, 270 as a sophomore and 293 as a junior. After signing, he played at Connecticut, batting 270 in 100 at bats. He was then promoted to West Michigan where he batted 400 in 85 at bats. He did homer once while at West Michigan. His bio seems very similar to a previous AAT of mine, Brandon Loy. I hope A J has a better career.

With the 15th pick I am happy to select my 1st pitcher that I ever took and the most important pitcher in the organization RHP Joe Jimenez. I will come back later with more.

14 Shelton - May select @ any time

15 CanTig - Joe Jimenez, P

16 Gehringer_2 ***************** ON CLOCK ******************

17 Tigeraholic1

18 Antrat

19 Charles Liston

20 titus tiger

21 Motor City Sonics

22 vannzee

23 tigerbomb13

Oh my....

Well I'm going to go way out on a limb here.

So far all of my AATs have been traded - so on that basis I thought the absolute best thing I could do would be to pick Rod Allen.

...but then I got to thinking about the fact that that would obligate me to talk about him more, and worse, it would mean I would have to listen to the audio on the telecasts instead of overlaying the radio, and that was just not an attractive proposition.

So instead, I'm going to try a little cosmic jujitsu. The player the most people seem to think is going to be on the block is one that I would actually love to see have a long career with the Tigers. So hoping to reverse the G-2/AAT hex, I'm going to pick the Cuban Kirby himself..

Jose Iglesias

jose-iglesias-8813.jpg?6c20df

101713redsoxmw023.jpg?c=e76bde128e1fad948fb2c8087b3be40d

iggy_medium.png

My 2016 Adopt-a-Tiger is Randel Alcantara, a third baseman from the DSL Tigers who will be 19 years old in May. Completing his second full season in the DSL in 2015, Randel’s slash line was .305/.415/.488 and his career OPS over the two years was .837. Unlike many Dominicans who still think that you can’t walk off the island, Randel’s high OBP results in part from 26 walks in 256 plate appearances.

It is normal to also inquire about the fielding skills of a young player – will they be able to stay at an important defensive position? In 104 games at third during his career to date, Randel has 55 errors. Yes, 55. So will he be staying at third? Maybe not.

It would be nice to see Randel at Gulf Coast this season.

Randel Alcantara Register Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

I select Anibal Sanchez.

I totally forgot about this. Sorry!

bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=C4&Date=20130801&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=308010181&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=640&Maxh=410

nGzU90A.0.jpg

Edited by Antrat

time to eat

I pick Paws the Tiger

pawsLunchboxsm.gif

Paws, a native of Detroit, made his debut as the official Tigers mascot on May 5, 1995. He first started entertaining Tiger fans at Tiger Stadium, and now continues that trend at Detroit's Comerica Park, which is his current place of residence. Besides cheering along with Detroit fans at Tigers home games and collecting baseball cards in his spare time, Paws's favorite activities include visiting schools, malls, and other special events around the greater Detroit area. His favorite vacation spot is Lakeland, Florida, which is the spring training home of the Tigers. He wears a Tigers hat and jersey; in previous years, Paws' jersey would have the current season's 2 digit abbreviation (e.g. '10 for 2010). However, in 2011, Paws' number changed to 00, since the Tigers retired #11 in honor of Sparky Anderson. His dress changes during Comerica Park theme nights such as a Santa Claus outfit during "Christmas in July" night, or an Elvis Presley-inspired costume for Elvis Night.

PAWS FAVORITES[TABLE=class: white small, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 35%]FAVORITE TIGER:[/TD]

[TD=width: 65%]All of them![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trans.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FAVORITE FOODS:[/TD]

[TD]Hot dogs with ketchup, pepperoni pizza and some Aquafina water to wash it down![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trans.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FAVORITE COLOR:[/TD]

[TD]Blue and orange, of course![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trans.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]VACATION SPOT:[/TD]

[TD]Lakeland, FL -- Spring Training home of the Tigers![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trans.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]HOBBIES:[/TD]

[TD]Collecting baseball cards, playing fantasy baseball and running and playing with friends[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trans.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ACTIVITIES:[/TD]

[TD]Cheering on the Tigers at every home game! Visiting schools, malls and special events all around the city![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

pawsLunchboxsm.gif.5aafb1cd88b85d761a718

pawsLunchboxsm.gif.5aafb1cd88b85d761a718

I have been talking him up for weeks now because I believe he will break out with monster season.

With the 21st Pick in the Motown Sports Adopt A Tiger Draft, Motor City Sonics selects

STEVEN MOYA of Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

I'm tellin' ya, this kid's a star !

This is the hardest adopt a Tiger pick that I have ever had to make. There are some players that I did not expect to still be here and also younger players like Drew Verhagen (who I think will be a sleeper out of the pen this year). But now that I have given him his just due I will be selecting the best player available, the man who has friends with binoculars, Victor Martinez

21 Motor City Sonics - OF Steve Moya

22 vannzee - DH/C Victor(ious) Martinez

23 tigerbomb13 ********************** ON CLOCK 11:58 PM **********************

24 Who is the Drizzle?

25 VegasTiger

26 Zack attack

27 clark1mt

28 mike0618

29 Kamakzie

30 VaBengal

I got my draft board ready, and updated the above as we have hit page 2 of this thread!