Zack attack

TigerFest Jan. 24 2016

Also, why is Pat Caputo there? People really want his signature?
He and Dan are hosting on the main stage for a good part of the day like always (I'm sure they will mention it on tonight's Tiger Talk if you are listening).

I'm surprised nobody called me out on missing this one: no Gene Lamont, I'm somewhat curious as to why...

When we go we spend most of the time in that area where they talk to players and such. Walk around and do the tours. Just being at Comerica park is enough.

I've taken note that Ian will be on the Metro route of the caravan both days, while Jordan will be on the Metro route for Thursday only.

On another note I'm taking away from today that Justin Upton will be at TigerFest on Saturday based on FSD/97.1 talk today... and my reply back from Jason Beck

Haven't seen TigerFest roster yet, but Upton is on list for some caravan stops, including auto show on Friday.
is there any word of Upton sticking around for TigerFest this weekend? Would be cool to see him there with fans so soon

I had set him up for a joke about Kate Upton, but he didn't take it...

https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/689939032818761729

Edited by Zack attack

If you click through the caravan visit to Chidren's Hospital it shows Jordan Zimmerman and James McCann. Zimmerman is even smiling.

I hear everyone talk about getting there super early, but its a 6-hour event. A friend of mine has a ticket but would not be able to get there until like 2pm. Is that even worth it? Do the full festivities run until 5pm?

This is actually happening today...not the 24th. Get thee to the live stream for some inspiration!

Worst Tigerfest ever. They have no idea how to organize this event. Spent the whole time in lines and ended up with 4 people after getting there at 7:30 this morning. Got in early and even the 1st person was 25 mins late. Out of the 4 lines 1st - 25 mins no player, 2nd 40 mins no player, 3rd hour and a half no player, and last one 30 mins no player. How can you have any period of time where the tables are empty when you have 40+ guys and only 5 tables. Every table I hit has 1 player at it. By 12:30 they were already closing lines due to having too many people in them. Sad how bad they have ruined an event that I once loved to go to. I don't know if I can talk myself into ever going again, or at this point even renewing my tickets due to how they just do not care about the people who support them. I do not care who I get to sign stuff, I just want it to go back to at least having someone sign at all times. Also the fact that they have minor league players by themselves is asinine.

Worst Tigerfest ever. They have no idea how to organize this event. Spent the whole time in lines and ended up with 4 people after getting there at 7:30 this morning. .

Who did you end up getting?

I must admit the lines have probably doubled in size since last year for autographs: this is not how you treat a last place team people! :P

Who did you end up getting?

Verlander was the 1st person, Tyler Collins was the 2nd, Salty was the 3rd and Romine was last

Its a rite of Winter: autograph hunters moaning about the lines at Fanfest and me loving the broadcast.

Does anyone know who was in the basement and C/D for session 2?
C/D for session two were Brad Ausmus © and Montreal Robertson (D) as I was towards the front of the line for session 3 today and was able to see this going on.

EDIT: session two downstairs is where my "plus one" was at (11:10) and that was Daniel Norris on one side and Shane Greene on the other. Norris nd Robertson had signed later in the day too.

Edited by Zack attack

I ended up Norris, Kyle Ryan, Rod Allen and Maybin. It did bother me to wait and have Ryan by himself at the end of the line.

I ended up Norris, Kyle Ryan, Rod Allen and Maybin. It did bother me to wait and have Ryan by himself at the end of the line.
I was at towards the front of the line when Kyle Ryan left... and I don't know if you would have felt better having Norris again as he signed there next. That being said, Andrew Romine was by himself on the other side during that time at C/D.

It's like the state of the Union address. One member of the cabinet is off site in case of a disaster wiping out our government. They take over. In case comerica gets blown up then kinsler is in charge.