Zack attack

TigerFest Jan. 24 2016

I didn't see anything posted about this, probably because everyone has their own gripe about the event. As you can see, nothing has changed from what info is up thus far... and it sold out in 20 minutes!

TigerFest | Detroit Tigers

I do have a pair of tickets up for sale if there is a buyer out there, but either you bought yours or you are fed up and will be staying home this year.

Edited by Zack attack

Bruce Rondon (via Detroit newspapers)

Hmmmmm...... What if he doesn't keep his autograph line moving quickly enough?

I won tickets on WOMC in December, so as huge of a Tigers fan as I am and as many games as I go to every year...this will be my first Tigerfest!

For those who have been, what is realistically a good time to get down there? Since its general admission, does getting in line early have any benefit?

The line can get really long, could take you a good 45 mins if you do not get in the line early to even get in the doors after they open. The lines inside will be worse the later you get in. Good chance that if you get in 45 to a hour after doors most of the line will already have too many people in them for them to allow anyone else to line up. TigerFest has gotten worse every year in terms of lines, now instead of having 6-7 spots all spread out they have 3 sections that share 1 main line and split at the door. Last year it took us almost 2 hrs sometimes to get back into the room after getting an autograph. Previous years they would be 2-3 people signing at a time, last year almost all lines had 1 person and a few has 2. I used to get close to 20 autographs with early entry passes, last year I got 8.

Last time I got an autograph at tigerfest was at Cobo. Justin Thompson signed the sweet spot. Higginson and Easley signed too.

Here we have it folks: THE LIST. I will not point out the few obvious names, but there is one guy who is now 0/3 in attending TigerFest...

TigerFest | Detroit Tigers

PARTICIPANTS*

The following are scheduled to participate in TigerFest 2016.

PLAYERS

Wynton Bernard

Matt Boyd

Miguel Cabrera

Nick Castellanos

Tyler Collins

Buck Farmer

Jeff Ferrell

Michael Fulmer

Anthony Gose

Shane Greene

Blaine Hardy

Bryan Holaday

Jose Iglesias

Mark Lowe

Dixon Machado

Victor Martinez

J.D. Martinez

Cameron Maybin

James McCann

Daniel Norris

Mike Pelfrey

Montreal Robertson

Francisco Rodriguez

Andrew Romine

Kyle Ryan

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Anibal Sanchez

Justin Upton

Drew VerHagen

Justin Verlander

Justin Wilson

Alex Wilson

COACHES

Brad Ausmus

Mick Billmeyer

Dave Clark

Rich Dubee

Wally Joyner

Matt Martin

David Newhan

Omar Vizquel

FRONT OFFICE

Al Avila

David Chadd

David Littlefield

Sam Menzin

Tom Moore

Jay Sartori

Alan Trammell

BROADCASTERS

Rod Allen

Pat Caputo

Dan Dickerson

Kirk Gibson

Mario Impemba

Mickey York

Justin White

*Participants subject to change

Edited by Zack attack
UPTON added to the list

Where the #%$!* is Kaline?

McCann is taking his place. If you want his autograph, you better do it the right way.

Kinsler is always on the winter caravan but never at tigerfest. It's crazy how he can be in the city the day before but not make it.

sometimes the new guy get out of it due to having plans already.. Kinsler i guess just doesn't care to meet the people who pay his salary.

Per twitter.....

detroit_tigers ‏@TigersMLive

Detroit Tigers' Bruce Rondon might miss winter caravan, TigerFest due to chikungunya virus

The line can get really long, could take you a good 45 mins if you do not get in the line early to even get in the doors after they open. The lines inside will be worse the later you get in. Good chance that if you get in 45 to a hour after doors most of the line will already have too many people in them for them to allow anyone else to line up. TigerFest has gotten worse every year in terms of lines, now instead of having 6-7 spots all spread out they have 3 sections that share 1 main line and split at the door. Last year it took us almost 2 hrs sometimes to get back into the room after getting an autograph. Previous years they would be 2-3 people signing at a time, last year almost all lines had 1 person and a few has 2. I used to get close to 20 autographs with early entry passes, last year I got 8.

This sounds horrible. No way I'd ever do that.

Also, why is Pat Caputo there? People really want his signature?