Imminent Threat

The Official HueyTaxi Spring Training Thread

It's also silly to take it when you know it could jeopardize your job with a suspension.

No doubt, but they might as well suspend players for speeding while they're at it. At least that puts other people at risk.

It's also silly to take it when you know it could jeopardize your job with a suspension.

Especially if it was his 2nd failed test. Either the guy is stupid of he has a substance abuse problem. Knowing he has a very good chance of getting caught for a second time and jeopardize his career? A career that may make him millions of dollars? This really doesn't pass the smell test.

Think he'll have the willpower to lay off the high fastball if he can't lay off a joint for a few years? : )

And why is marijuana on the same list as cocaine and heroin? It's another thing that makes no sense.

Oh boy...not nearly as interesting. Unless he worships it ja rasta style and makes his locker a shrine to Haile Selasse

I admit, I had to Google what this meant. The answer amazed me. I hope Trump is aware of these people and is ready to deport them. I don't agree with their religion at all....

"Among the Rastafari movement, whose followers are estimated at between two and four million, Haile Selassie is revered as the returned messiah of the Bible, God incarnate. Beginning in Jamaica in the 1930s, the Rastafari movement perceives Haile Selassie as a messianic figure who will lead a future golden age of eternal peace, righteousness, and prosperity. Haile Selassie was an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian throughout his life. Haile Selassie is a defining figure in both Ethiopian and African history."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie

Down to 57 players in camp with the departure of Dolis to Japan.

edit: check that.....it's Jan 15......there's nobody in camp.

I admit, I had to Google what this meant. The answer amazed me. I hope Trump is aware of these people and is ready to deport them. I don't agree with their religion at all....

"Among the Rastafari movement, whose followers are estimated at between two and four million, Haile Selassie is revered as the returned messiah of the Bible, God incarnate. Beginning in Jamaica in the 1930s, the Rastafari movement perceives Haile Selassie as a messianic figure who will lead a future golden age of eternal peace, righteousness, and prosperity. Haile Selassie was an Ethiopian Orthodox Christian throughout his life. Haile Selassie is a defining figure in both Ethiopian and African history."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haile_Selassie

Its an odd religion. It weirds out actual Africans apparently. I read a hilarious description of how a Ghanaese (guy from Ghana) and a Jamaican woman were trying to make a life together in Ghana and her outspoken Jamaican rasta ways were too much for the locals. Could have made a great Hollywood film if Hollywood weren't so racist.

Down to 57 players in camp with the departure of Dolis to Japan.

edit: check that.....it's Jan 15......there's nobody in camp.

Acid flashback.

When will some of the players begin to show up? Man I wish I coul make another Lakeland trip soon,

however my big 2017 trip to tennessee will crush my travel budget for a while.

Pics, or it didn't happen!

It's going to be real difficult to get anything for the time being. I drove back there a couple of weeks ago and Tigertown is a complete mess right now with the construction. I'm going to try and snap some pictures this spring, but don't expect much...it will be from my phone.

It's going to be real difficult to get anything for the time being. I drove back there a couple of weeks ago and Tigertown is a complete mess right now with the construction. I'm going to try and snap some pictures this spring, but don't expect much...it will be from my phone.

I give you authorization to buy a sweet drone and a gopro.

We are merely beggars, not choosers. :-)

Tom Gage tweeted some photos of JM under construction as well as the new artificial diamond at Tigertown, Cobb Field. I'd post them but it's too hard to do on the phone. You should check it out.

13e1cb4fca30195844563bbef00d5b08.jpg

photo by Tom Gage

Cobb Field at Tigertown. Artificial surface is designed to withstand soggy summer rains, Gage said.

wow! I will be going out there next Saturday for Fantasy camp and take some pics..nice thread for Roger..hope to meet up with some morons this year

GCL games are played on the back fields, except for 2 or 3 games a year when LFT is on the road.

So they are gonna play LFT games , and two GCL clubs all on these two fields , with construction ? UGH for parking , traffic and getting home !

GCL games should still be on back fields. LFT games will be at Henley Field.

Went out yesterday to Fantasy Camp/Pigfest and snapped a few quick pictures for you guys:

20160130_114807.jpg

This is a shot of the new surface on one of the back fields. So far only 1 of 4 fields have this surface. In the background is the batting cage area behind right field of the main stadium.

20160130_121432.jpg

This is a closer shot of the construction behind right field.

33mml5f.jpg

Here is what used to be known as the fan area. Access for fans/autograph seekers is going to be a major challenge this year.

Edited by Deadshot

Just left the complex. I'll try to post pics later

Edited by ROMAD1