Imminent Threat

The Official HueyTaxi Spring Training Thread

Calm down, I'm not really starting it, I am merely suggesting that we officially name it as such in a way to honor a man who brought so much to this board each and every year. I always looked forward to coming home from work to see what he might have uploaded. Just a thought, what do you morons think? Forgive me if it had already been suggested, I don't come around near as often as I used to.

its the pictures we are going to miss. I hope some of the locals in Florida can provide some.

If we have pictures to be posted, then yes, I'm all for the thread continuing in his name.

First of all, pics or no pics, go for it.

Second of all, hell, why not start it now I-Threat?

Third of all, this is the time of year that we start to wonder who the NRI's will be. So far only 8 announced: 5 pitchers, 1 catcher, 1 if, 1 of (see tigers' website), 6 of the eight are new guys, 2 re-signees. There'll be a bunch more, especially catchers.

Fourth of all, this is also the time of year that we wait impatiently to hear who the DSL, VSL first-time stateside invitees will be. Anybody got any clues?

Fifth of all, since the Tigers have stopped participating in the Fall Instructional League, they have sort of replaced it with an invitation-only early minor-league mini-camp. I think they start even before the MLB pitchers and catchers report. I would love to know when it starts, and I'm foaming-at-the-mouth to know who's on the list. Anybody got any clues?

Sixth of all: I'm done.

The signing of Mayberry with a ST invite bumps up the number of nri's that we know about from 8 to 9. More to come.

Invites to spring training...

Right handed pitchers:

Lendy Castillo

Rafael Dolis

Preston Guilmet

Joe Jimenez

Logan Kensing

Left handed pitchers:

Drake Britton

Kevin Ziomek

Catchers:

Miguel Gonzalez

Austin Green

Raffy Lopez

Kade Scivicque

Infielders:

Dominic Ficociello

Tommy Field

JaCoby Jones

No outfielders announced but Mayberry will be added once his deal is official.

It is moderately interesting that Jones' suspension doesn't affect his status this spring.

Invites to spring training...

Right handed pitchers:

Lendy Castillo

Rafael Dolis

Preston Guilmet

Joe Jimenez

Logan Kensing

Left handed pitchers:

Drake Britton

Kevin Ziomek

Catchers:

Miguel Gonzalez

Austin Green

Raffy Lopez

Kade Scivicque

Infielders:

Dominic Ficociello

Tommy Field

JaCoby Jones

No outfielders announced but Mayberry will be added once his deal is official.

It is moderately interesting that Jones' suspension doesn't affect his status this spring.

yeah....they probably want to get an extended look

Man, I like this idea so much. Roger would be humbled and proud. I'm headed down there in March and have plans to meet up with Mrs. Taxi. She's a wonderful woman who is still suffering the loss of this wonderful man. My heart aches for her.

All 18 are up on the Tigers' website.

The outfielders are Gerber, Krizan, Mayberry and Schierholz.

That makes 58 in camp as of now. When they sign Ted Williams and Babe Ruth it'll be a nice round 60.

I think its interesting to look at that schedule. Its not HGH or the usual muscle stuff.

Could he be an angel dust freak? Does he see the same color sky that the rest of us do? Is the baseball talking to him as it comes to the plate, taunting him or advising him of the pitch?

I believe they said it was marijuana. It's silly that they get 50 games for that.

I believe they said it was marijuana. It's silly that they get 50 games for that.

Oh boy...not nearly as interesting. Unless he worships it ja rasta style and makes his locker a shrine to Haile Selasse

It's also silly to take it when you know it could jeopardize your job with a suspension.