Sign in to follow this  
mickeyb105

Jennings after five games back

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I would do this trade. Probably would just waive Novak since his deal is expiring and we really wouldn't have much of a role for him. Morrow gives us needed shooting on the wing and McGary gives us a bulky PF/C that is young.

I'm not seeing anything at that link.

Nas, of all the battles to pick against Del I'm not sure why you've chosen Tolliver vs McGary. Tolliver is a one-trick pony who's one-trick is just okay.

McGary is a better player, and a much better player than you give him credit for. Replace either Baynes or Tolliver with McGary in our rotation and it is better.

Del is correct to use last year's stats because he actually got run before they traded for Kanter, plus this year's health issues.

The one thing I can say about Tolliver in your favor is that he stays healthy, whichis something McGary does not do.

I love how this trade that Del made up has turned into something that's being argued about as if it's something on the table right now and on the verge of happening.

It's so sad, but I've become a Tolliver advocate because of Ersan getting killed on defense every night, Ersan's plummeting offensive percentages, and the fact that Tolliver takes the shots he's supposed to rather than pump faking into a busted play. Clearly the PF position is a work in progress. We've all seen that SVG is willing to make moves to overhaul the roster when it comes to guys that Joe D brought in, but the question will be if he's quick to fix his own mistakes as well or if he winds up coveting his own players too much.

I'm not seeing anything at that link.

Yes, my bad. I am typically on mobile. Here it is:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

We waive Novak because we have no role for him and he really hasn't played all year. OKC gets their backup PG and we get a good shooter off the bench and a young big.

OKC does need a backup. Augustin hasn't been doing too well. That trade makes sense for the Pistons because it gives us a shooter and a young big man in McGary. I would love to see a second unit of Blake, Meeks, Morrow, Johnson, and Baynes. I like SJ at the 4.

haha, why is Minnesota giving us 3 interesting young players for a bunch of garbage?

They would receive a 1st and a 2nd rounder from us, and a 1st rounder (lottery protected this year; not protected next year 2017) from Phoenix. Dinwiddie and Bullock are less interesting than the 3 they give us, but in going with a big rebuild after this crappy year go for the draft picks and 2 young lottery-ticket players.

PS: That would be the hardest sell, too...

Charlotte gains by getting Markieff to replace Williams, at the cost of only Daniels.

Phoenix dumps Markieff, gains BJ, costs them a lottery protected 1st (similar to Detroit losing a 1st to lose Gordon...).

Minny is the toughest sell...

Why is Phoenix giving up a pick for a player they don't want and/or need? And a completely unprotected pick next year, when they are likely to still be bad?

My friend swears up and down the Pistons will not trade Jennings for anything that adds salary.

He is 100% convinced they want the cap space to take a run at Horford this summer.

Why is Phoenix giving up a pick for a player they don't want and/or need? And a completely unprotected pick next year, when they are likely to still be bad?

1) Bledsoe is out for the season

2) Ronnie Price is out for about a month

3) Dump Markieff Morris

4) Even if they are not interested in signing BJ in the offseason, replacing Morris with BJ in a trade frees up $8M in cap space this offseason for them.

My friend swears up and down the Pistons will not trade Jennings for anything that adds salary.

He is 100% convinced they want the cap space to take a run at Horford this summer.

Horford works for me :)

unless of course we trade Jennings and Ersan for Love that is...

1) Bledsoe is out for the season

2) Ronnie Price is out for about a month

3) Dump Markieff Morris

4) Even if they are not interested in signing BJ in the offseason, replacing Morris with BJ in a trade frees up $8M in cap space this offseason for them.

The Suns season is over as far as the playoffs go. They aren't burning a 1st round pick to bring a player in for 3 months and try and salvage an 8th seed to get slaughtered by the Warriors/Spurs.

And they don't need to spend a 1st to dump Morris.

I keep hearing Knicks rumors and I look at their roster and they don't have anything to give us. OKC may be the best trade partner for Jennings... Still don't see much of a potential market for him if we are looking for a young asset.

I keep hearing Knicks rumors and I look at their roster and they don't have anything to give us. OKC may be the best trade partner for Jennings... Still don't see much of a potential market for him if we are looking for a young asset.

No love for a Galloway/Williams package of some sort?

I would say maybe moving Jennings for Houston's 1st would be the best potential trade that makes sense for both teams. Something like this maybe might work(with Houston's #1)....sorta buying low on Lawson. (lost the link but it was Jennings and Illy for Lawson, Dekker and Houston's #1 We then move Morris to the 4 and let Stanimal move into a starting role (prematurely, but if we do this we're giving up on the season anyway). We're really short on depth at the 3 and 4 spots is the only issue with this.

Edited by DaBishop

No love for a Galloway/Williams package of some sort?

We would have to take Calderon... Which wouldn't be awful if we got an asset with him and perhaps dumped Bullock. We will need a backup PG and the market is pretty thin next summer. Calderon can shoot and would only have 1 more year behind this one.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Edited by Sydney_Fife

Less than a month until the February 18th deadline.... I agree with Del that Utah is a good fit for Jennings but they do not have much to trade. Would they deal a first to attempt to get the 8th seed to be sent for slaughter?

Less than a month until the February 18th deadline.... I agree with Del that Utah is a good fit for Jennings but they do not have much to trade. Would they deal a first to attempt to get the 8th seed to be sent for slaughter?

I wonder what we would have to throw in to get Lyles?