drownwithyou

Dylan Larkin Makes All Star Team As 19 Year Old

Yay

He was the only Wing to make it. I could argue Mrazek over Bishop, otherwise I don't think any other Wings deserved it.

Edited by drownwithyou

Larkin is remarkable. His skating ability and puck awareness at such a young age is uncanny. The Wings are so good at finding talent. And then developing the talent. Many other teams could learn a thing or 10 from Detroit....

Larkin is remarkable. His skating ability and puck awareness at such a young age is uncanny. The Wings are so good at finding talent. And then developing the talent. Many other teams could learn a thing or 10 from Detroit....

Even without Larkin regarded as a prospect the Wings have 5 of the top 50 of ESPN's Corey Pronman's mid season rankings: Red Wings System Remains Sensational with Five in Pronman's Top-50 NHL Prospects - Winging It In Motown

I know people generally regard ESPN as not having good hockey coverage but Pronman is pretty well respected and is good at analyzing players in my opinion. He has been doing the Hockey Prospectus for a while, I have last year's book and it is a fun read.

I still expect Hicketts' size to doom him ultimately, but would be pleased to be wrong.

It will be very telling how he holds up in the AHL, I was pleasantly surprised with how he handled himself in the defensive zone in the WJC but he needs to play against men.