Nastradamus

Offseason thread 2016

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What were Boldin's redzone and short yardage situation stats last year? I would be curious to see how he was used/how he performed in short yardage situations, like the redzone. Given his age and that he has never been a speed guy as Cruzer pointed to, does he still have something left to give in those types of situations? I dig up the stats myself but the work firewall will likely block access.

Not exactly it, but this kinda digs into what role he can play for us

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/7/27/12291334/anquan-boldin-scouting-profile-game-film-great-hands

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Ebron was 9th in fantasy points per target for TEs last year. 

. I expect Boldin to get a lot of the target that might have gone Ebron's way. Boldin has much better hands, is fantastic in traffic, and can still make plays even given his age. This is the best WR group for Lions  since 1995 of Moore, Periman, and Morton. Hopefully with the Offensive line improvements the Lions can have some sort of running attack.

4 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

. I expect Boldin to get a lot of the target that might have gone Ebron's way. Boldin has much better hands, is fantastic in traffic, and can still make plays even given his age. This is the best WR group for Lions  since 1995 of Moore, Periman, and Morton. Hopefully with the Offensive line improvements the Lions can have some sort of running attack.

Its definitely possible, but there's plenty of room for both I think. 

One thing I think that's hard to argue, Stafford uses competent WRs quite well. Having 3 of them, plus potentially Ebron, should be very good for him. To build on that, I'd challenge anyone to name a pass catcher he's had here that he hasn't maximized in their role. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:40 AM, Nastradamus said:

I think this signing is a bigger deal than it is being made out to be. Cooter's offense is a precision, short passing offense and we have a ton of weapons for such a scheme now. I'd suggest we have 6 different players capable of catching 50 balls, all of them with low drop rates. This is going to be one of the 5 best passing offenses in the NFL. 

I don't think that is his offense. I think that is what he came up with last year based on the circumstances and the personnel. He likes to stretch the field.

8 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Since ebron doesnt block well, boldin probably limits his touches this year.

Unless he totally takes off, which is still a possibility given his crazy measurables.

If ebron develops into a stud te, that would more than likely offset much of the calvin loss.

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

Since ebron doesnt block well, boldin probably limits his touches this year.

Unless he totally takes off, which is still a possibility given his crazy measurables.

If ebron develops into a stud te, that would more than likely offset much of the calvin loss.

Pretty much. The potential is there. They will make room for his targets if he earns them. 

15 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Pretty much. The potential is there. They will make room for his targets if he earns them. 

Perhaps if Ebron caught passes with his open mouth instead of his hands he could be the NFL’s top rated TE. The potential is there

7 hours ago, Buddha said:

Levy hurt already.

Bodes well for a successful season.

Not great to hear.  We'd survive, but its a big loss.