Sign in to follow this  
hail2mich

GDT: #14 Michigan vs #19 Florida 1/1/2016

Live from the Citrus Bowl

11543990.jpeg

Michigan%20Florida_zpsedoscked.png

#14 Michigan (9-3) v. #19 Florida (10-3)

Day: Friday

Date: January 1, 2016

Time: 1:00 PM EST

TV: ABC

Last Meeting: Michigan won 41-35 in the 2008 Capital One Bowl

Series Record: Michigan leads, 2-0

Florida%20Stats_zpss5xrcmrr.png

Florida%20Games_zpsg231psqa.png

2008 Capital One Bowl Game

yKE6EOs1c0g

78689845_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

That Capital One Bowl game from 2008 is one of my favorite games from the past 15 years. It was kind of an odd one. They came out with a offense that we all plead to see under Carr. A lot more formations from shotgun. Henne had a good day, along with Adrian Arrington who was ridiculous. Mike Hart, who never ever fumbled, did so TWICE at the goal line. He would have had 4 rushing TD's if he didn't fumble. Seeing Urban lose is always a good time too!

That 2008 game was one of my favorite Michigan wins of all-time. The UF fans talked trash incessantly throughout the game, even in the Michigan section. They weren't as bad as Tennessee or Alabama fans had been in the past, but they were still bad--and also bad losers.

That was a very satisfying win at the time that only grew in stature for me, given the hell hole UM went through in the years that followed.

It was a fun game but still a meaningless exhibition.

Not meaningless if you live in FL and are a lifelong Michigan fan.

Being able to point out that Michigan beat FL when they had both Tebow, Newton, Harvin, Haden and the Pouncey twins keeps these folks in line. Tebow won the Maxwell Award, Davey O'Brien Award, Heisman Trophy, AP Player of the year and the Walter Camp award that year and there was pretty much nobody south of Toledo giving Michigan much of a chance against the Gators.

This win was the guiltiest of pleasures, at least for me, Shelton.

I think Florida wins this game. I love the Wolverines but I don't see this as a win. Hope I'm wrong.

In other news...MSU is doing exactly what I predicted they would do- prove they didn't play anyone that was very good all year long. And by doing so, also prove that the big ten has a ways to go yet. When the best team in your conference has a 28th ranked strength of schedule and goes up against the team with the best strength of schedule...well, you get what happens tonight. It's not good for the perception of the conference for sure.

Feels very anticlimactic to have the playoff games today instead of tomorrow. Especially starting in the afternoon.

can't be half as anti-climatic for M fans tomorrow as it was for State fans today. :ponder::paranoid:

can't be half as anti-climatic for M fans tomorrow as it was for State fans today. :ponder::paranoid:

That was a complete and total whoopin, from start to finish.

I think Florida wins this game. I love the Wolverines but I don't see this as a win. Hope I'm wrong.

In other news...MSU is doing exactly what I predicted they would do- prove they didn't play anyone that was very good all year long. And by doing so, also prove that the big ten has a ways to go yet. When the best team in your conference has a 28th ranked strength of schedule and goes up against the team with the best strength of schedule...well, you get what happens tonight. It's not good for the perception of the conference for sure.

Not the best team. OSU coaches completely ****ing up the MSU game and the UM/MSU fumble conspired to keep OSU out of the playoffs.

But yeah, Alabama blowout was expected on this end too.

Thanks for the fake FG attempt. Although they may have been their best chance because their kicking game has struggled big time this season.

Up 17-7 at half. Florida's offense is playing better than expected, but Michigan is also looking good on offense. Just have to keep Harris in the pocket throwing.

Watching Florida's offense struggle .. they show Nussmejier in the booth. I remember that feeling watching UM last year.

Yet another overrated big ten team in Iowa getting whooped by a better team. Iowa had the 54th toughest strength of schedule. Getting exposed.