RedRamage

Odell Beckham Jr. loses control

Giants star Odell Beckham Jr.'s temper could alter his career - New York Giants Blog- ESPN

Beckham threw multiple, obvious punches after plays. He tore off after opposing players at full speed to deliver shots after plays. He smashed Norman's helmet with his own. He was flagged three times for personal foul penalties and should have had more. After watching Beckham play Sunday, I'm no longer sure what a player has to do to get ejected from an NFL game.

Just one of many stories on it. If you didn't see the "highlights" take a look. Beckham got three personal fouls... tied for most in a game by any one player. Honestly I'm really surprised he wasn't tossed after that spear to the helmet of Norman.

To be fair, Norman wasn't innocent... he did his share of crap too, but nothing to the extent of what Beckham did.

In my opinion Beckham needs to sit a minimum of one game. Minimum.

Giants star Odell Beckham Jr.'s temper could alter his career - New York Giants Blog- ESPN

Just one of many stories on it. If you didn't see the "highlights" take a look. Beckham got three personal fouls... tied for most in a game by any one player. Honestly I'm really surprised he wasn't tossed after that spear to the helmet of Norman.

To be fair, Norman wasn't innocent... he did his share of crap too, but nothing to the extent of what Beckham did.

In my opinion Beckham needs to sit a minimum of one game. Minimum.

Wonder how the it came to different between the NFL and NCAA on PFs. "2 and out" in the NCAA isn't it?

Wonder how the it came to different between the NFL and NCAA on PFs. "2 and out" in the NCAA isn't it?

I don't think there is an automatic out in the NFL. Obviously if there is, it's more than 3.

Looking beyond just football, seems obvious to me that either his life or his freedom will end badly.

so, I gather from some news aggregator (Slate or Salon) I read this morning that a strong effort is underway to "Out" Odell Beckham. Sheesh....that's just lame.

Here is story about it.

Seems Beckham was seen dancing with a male friend in a video, and of course that made lots of people very upset and some demanding he out himself. The author makes a lot of interesting point of masculinity and specifically Black Masculinity, but that's a debate for the political forum, not here.

What might be relevant here is if questions of his orientation were used to anger him. Was Norman making homosexual comments/jokes about Beckhman in an effort to get him off his game? If so, then it's definitely something that the Giants need to work on with him. If Norman was doing that (and that's a big if yet... pure speculation) than I can't imagine that knowledge of that won't get around to other teams. If a few timely comments can get into a players head that much other teams will almost certainly pick up on that.

Now, on one hand I'd prefer to just say: "Ban that kind of trash talk" but on the other I fear that that would be impossible and unenforceable. I suspect that there's a LOT of trash talking that goes on that we as fans never hear about and I'm sure that derogatory homosexual comments are just one of many subject matters that come into play there.

Here is story about it.

Seems Beckham was seen dancing with a male friend in a video, and of course that made lots of people very upset and some demanding he out himself. The author makes a lot of interesting point of masculinity and specifically Black Masculinity, but that's a debate for the political forum, not here.

What might be relevant here is if questions of his orientation were used to anger him. Was Norman making homosexual comments/jokes about Beckhman in an effort to get him off his game? If so, then it's definitely something that the Giants need to work on with him. If Norman was doing that (and that's a big if yet... pure speculation) than I can't imagine that knowledge of that won't get around to other teams. If a few timely comments can get into a players head that much other teams will almost certainly pick up on that.

Now, on one hand I'd prefer to just say: "Ban that kind of trash talk" but on the other I fear that that would be impossible and unenforceable. I suspect that there's a LOT of trash talking that goes on that we as fans never hear about and I'm sure that derogatory homosexual comments are just one of many subject matters that come into play there.

Basically...this.

The story about one player losing his cool would only be worse if the guy who uttered the taunt was subject to some anti-bigotry zealotry. It all ends when there is no more football and we all wear gray jumpsuits and acknowledge each other as comrades/pod-mates and nobody ever has sex and we eat only soylent green. This would likely delight the people who write for Salon or Slate ... so long as they could wear the white flowing robes, eat great food and enjoy all kinds of weird sex while we were miserable in our equality/squalor.

Edited by ROMAD1

Basically...this.

The story about one player losing his cool would only be worse if the guy who uttered the taunt was subject to some anti-bigotry zealotry. It all ends when there is no more football and we all wear gray jumpsuits and acknowledge each other as comrades/pod-mates and nobody ever has sex and we eat only soylent green. This would likely delight the people who write for Salon or Slate ... so long as they could wear the white flowing robes, eat great food and enjoy all kinds of weird sex while we were miserable in our equality/squalor.

Pretty much.

Sadly, sprinkler parties in this dark future scenario will be only for the lotus-eating elites