Shinma

12/21/15. Lions At Saints. Monday Night. Week 15. ESPN, 8:30pm

Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-11.57.58-AM.png

And it got them nothing. Congratulations. Was that a serious comment?

Yea because the Lions have a terrible history recently drafting in the top 5 like Johnson, Stafford, Suh, Ansah.

Who cares? They haven't WON ANYTHING! Quit trolling. You cannot be serious. No playoff wins, not a one. Looks like staff will get his first victory in his career on the road against winning teams. Suh couldn't stand to be here. Calvin doesn't care about winning. Lol. More importantly, the team hasn't won anything. Lions didn't draft right if they didn't win. Period

Who cares? They haven't WON ANYTHING! Quit trolling. You cannot be serious. No playoff wins, not a one. Looks like staff will get his first victory in his career on the road against winning teams. Suh couldn't stand to be here. Calvin doesn't care about winning. Lol. More importantly, the team hasn't won anything. Lions didn't draft right if they didn't win. Period

You sound like a child.

peyton manning didn't wanna be in indianapolis terrible draft pick by them.

Excellent game by the Lions, especially Stafford. They don't have as many holes as their record shows. Just need to improve up front, and run the ball a lot more consistently. I wouldn't mind Gase taking over next year, especially if he keeps Cooter. He called an excellent game, and has been spot on since moving up. He's an excellent offensive coordinator, and the defense is in good shape with Austin as well. Can't wait to see them next year, especially with a healthy Levy back, and a full draft class to bring in.

Caldwell needs to go. The new coach can decide who on the staff he wants to save.

Stafford played well. Getting rid of Lombardi was the key to turning him around. For those of you who want to run him out of town, the Lions had better have a replacement ready otherwise it could be a repeat of this:

millen_harrington_0204211.jpg

Excellent game by the Lions, especially Stafford. They don't have as many holes as their record shows. Just need to improve up front, and run the ball a lot more consistently. I wouldn't mind Gase taking over next year, especially if he keeps Cooter. He called an excellent game, and has been spot on since moving up. He's an excellent offensive coordinator, and the defense is in good shape with Austin as well. Can't wait to see them next year, especially with a healthy Levy back, and a full draft class to bring in.

I really think the key to the whole thing was the blocking scheme. After getting rid of Lombardi, the Lions ditched zone-blocking, which I think has led to the turnaround on the OL. I'm not married to Caldwell coming back, as he should bear the responsibility of not making the move sooner, but it's not the hill I'm gonna die on either.

Caldwell needs to go. The new coach can decide who on the staff he wants to save.

Stafford played well. Getting rid of Lombardi was the key to turning him around. For those of you who want to run him out of town, the Lions had better have a replacement ready otherwise it could be a repeat of this:

millen_harrington_0204211.jpg

In that picture, Millen already looks like he knows he made a mistake.

Coincidentally, there was an excerpt from an interview with Harrington in the Detroit News today:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/12/21/joey-harrington-on-time-with-lions-this-wasnt-football/77715472/

Color me unsympathetic.

These idiots are going to save Jim Caldwell and Sheldon White's jobs - and to add insult to injury Teryl Austin is going to get a Head Coaching job and they'll lose him.

Caldwell at least is showing something related to his abilities as a coach - he is out there coaching. If they are so ignorant as to think that White has had anything at all to do with what they are doing on the field now, then we are truly cursed as Lions' fans. The previous player procurement operation - of which White was a piece, needs to be replaced from top to bottom. If they don't do that, nothing really changes.

Lions should have drafted Aaron Curry instead of Stafford since Seattle won a Super Bowl.

I remember wanting Curry sooooooo bad back in 2009. I had myself convinced based off of some highlight tape, Mel Kiper and a Wake Forest game that I had watched that he was going to be the second coming of Ray Lewis. Glad we didn't go that route.

This season has been interesting.

When the Lions need to lose, they can't even lose when they need to lose.

The Lions are playing better, but New Orleans is flat out terrible.

This season has been interesting.

When the Lions need to lose, they can't even lose when they need to lose.

The Lions are playing better, but New Orleans is flat out terrible.

The NO defense is awful. Even when the Lions offense sputtered, it was due to holding penalties or fumbles.

If the organization is dumb enough to retain a GM and a coach because they beat a garbage Saints team then they would have hired someone idiotic regardless. Relax.

I'm just happy to see guys like Warford and Diggs playing well at the moment

I think they would retain Caldwell because he went 11-5 and a bad call from winning a playoff game. They are also more disciplined and have good coordinators in place that would surely get replaced with a new coach.

I think they would retain Caldwell because he went 11-5 and a bad call from winning a playoff game. They are also more disciplined and have good coordinators in place that would surely get replaced with a new coach.

This is an important point. I certainly don't love caldwell. But Jim Bob and Austin are good coordinators. I am especially interested in seeing what Jim Bob could do with a full year.

Maybe bring back the coaching staff but bring in a new front office. I don't want to see Sheldon White named GM.

While I wouldn't have minded a loss for the better pick I'm not gonna get too worked up over it. It was nice to see guys that are part of our future play well like Abdullah, Tate Ebron, warford, Tate, Slay, Diggs and of course Stafford.

If it was an ugly win where nobody really played well than I would've probably been a little upset about getting the win.

After the Green Bay fiasco, Caldwell can't return, he just can't. You cannot have outright stupidity on the coaches part costing you games like this. I'd love to have Austin back and possibly Cooter, but the football world won't end for the Lions if a new regime comes in.

The most important thing the Lions can do is stay out of the way of the next GM. If the new GM wants to start completely over, he needs to have 100% authority to do so. He cannot be saddled with the current staff or the players for that matter. We might lose people we like, such as Austin, but it has to be allowed in order to get the best candidate for the job and win in the future.

I'd also like to point out how funny it was that when the Saints clearly were going to lateral (Sure, Drew Brees with a bad leg was going to throw it 80 yards in the air) Caldwell sent out the hail mary defense.

Either hilariously snakebitten or just that dumb, I don't know.

It depends on the new GM. Most new GMs like to bring in their own guys so if the Lions hire a GM from outside the organization, I would expect him to consider Caldwell but I'd say the odds of retaining him are slim in that case. You do make a good point about wanting to keep the coordinators in place so Caldwell might keep his job on the merit of that.

If White is promoted to full time GM? Well..... I might have to stay away from MotownLions for a while. :wink:

Still, you have to take into account that they blew and almost blew 20 point leads within the span of a couple of weeks. Caldwell was completely botched up the Hail Mary defense against Green Bay, the team still commits brain dead penalties and little things like the idiotic challenge on the Saints recovered fumble last night which clearly wasn't Lions possession. The team is playing better but Caldwell is still in over his head.