Sign in to follow this  
84 Lives!!!

Jennings in the D-League

If this was one or 2 years removed from 2008 or even 2009, sure...but we're not. We're 6 years removed from even smelling a .400 record let alone a playoff team. This team is in dire need of a positive season...

I understand this. And I agree 100%.

But to be the voice of reason:

SVG has already shown an inclination to experiment. He's gone from a 5-man bench to a 4-man to a 5-man and back to a 4... He's substituted Dinwiddie for Blake when Blake was struggling to begin the season, and put Blake back in when he started playing better and Dinwiddie showed he couldn't handle the #2 PG spot yet. He already has thrown Bullock and Hilliard into the rotation in spots to see if they were ready to be part of the rotation. They weren't so he pulled them back out and went back to a 4-man bench... All in the name of helping the team get wins. So it's not like he isn't going to continue to experiment in trying to help this team get additional wins... and that includes putting Bullock or Hilliard out there again if he thinks they're ready.

I stated somewhere earlier in the thread that SVG isn't going to toss them out there for more than spot minutes unless they've earned it. They have to prove they belong in the rotation. He's not going to toss them out there just for the heck of it. I think this is a reasonable position to take. If they earn it, there's no reason not to put them into the rotation. It saves burning out KCP and Morris. And it adds a sharp-shooter to the bench without waiting for Meeks to get back here in February. If one of them takes off, that also turns Meeks into a trade asset.

I think these are reasonable positions to take. And I do believe SVG will continue to experiment in the best interests of the team, without purposefully sacrificing wins.

The Pistons are 10-4 at home, 7-9 on the road. In terms of looking at this as a rebuild, 17-13 at this point in the season is certainly well within the realm of acceptability. Factor in Meeks being out, again, for the first portion of the season and it gives plenty of reason to be optimistic. Jennings is kind of a non-factor at this point, and will have to prove that he can defend at least as well as Blake to crack the rotation past an initial trial run.